• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

what are some places to go to at night after the rounds are over?

If you like to eat, or drink, or both, BG has probably 1,000 restaurants. Seriously, you're going to have LOTS of choices:popcorn:

Wabahs on Saturday if that's where the players party is. There will be so many people everywhere, and a schedule of things to do if you want. Don't sweat it til you get there.

bars, bars with music. Getting there Thursday afternoon. Not chain places like applebees

Downtown on the town square is your best bet. Five, six bars within short walking distance. Its only a short distance from the university so there should be plenty of college kids around. Be sure to have a DD, the cops are ridiculous.

you gotta check out Double Dogs. if you like sports and a bar you can actually smoke in still. with a great stoner menu and the best burger ever, "The Big John". dbl cheese burger w/ a chili cheese dog on top. yum

Thats where you'll find me. oh and H.B. my shirt size is xxl, i dont remember giving a shirt size when i signed up.

Double Dogs has built a smoking area where the back bar was, to comply with the non-smoking law in the city.

Players pack: 5 disc (DGA, Vibram, Discraft, Gateway, Innova), tee shirt from Glide (for those registering by May 6th), scorecard from VOLO, discount at Nat's, BBQ dinner at Wha Bah, plus more stickers, mini, other coupons from vendors.

The disc manufactures have not announced yet . . . most are waiting to see what the newest release that matches up with the date may be.

Has anyone thought of creating and posting a map with all the courses and sponsors located. This would be really helpful!

We just booked our room at the Super 8. I'll post our room # when we get down there so anyone else staying there can send the noise complaints directly to our room.

Here's to another year of playing drunk in the morning and hungover in the afternoon.

I thought the super eight was nice and affordable. My only complaint was even though our room was ready they wouldn't let us check in till 3. We ended up changing in the bathroom before our first round.

Monday morning DGA Gel Strapz winner: Rena Johnson of Old Hickory Tennessee.
Thanks Rena for registering early.

Has anyone thought of creating and posting a map with all the courses and sponsors located. This would be really helpful!

go to google maps and make one, will take you about 5 minutes, i made one for MA3 courses plus wah bah and flymart...

Latest posts