• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Well, yea if you win an advanced tourney; especially any C tier at your local course, or if you have a 996 rating, Whiz.

Seriously though, this is an A tier event with some of the best AM players around.
Currently, many of the top players failed to break 950 ratings for the middle two rounds, but I believe the top 5-10 will have averaged over 970 ratings once things get sorted out.

But to make the jump from advanced to pro it is about confidence and not being intimidated, and this comes from a guy who has yet to play a pro tourney.

"Being a pro is not a score, its a mindset" - Dave Feldberg

The guy who won advanced at BG will have averaged right around 1000 for his 4 rounds when all is corrected. However his rating is only 942. It's ridiculous to say he shoud be a pro because he won this tourney. A 942 rated golfer generally has the capacity to shoot 1000-rated golf but generally is inconsistent enough to keep his rating down.

When to go pro is a case by case decision that shouldn't be affected by the whining of losing ams or pros who want your cash in their division. Anyone who says otherwise can go suck a pickle.

Well put, Scott.
Just because other states are in a rush to donate their cash doesn't mean us Carolina kids have to follow suit.

Well put, Scott.
Just because other states are in a rush to donate their cash doesn't mean us Carolina kids have to follow suit.

I don't even think locale is the biggest factor. Where you are at personally with your game, whether or not you will likely improve over the next year, who you are playing against, what your personal goals are, how many tournaments you plan on playing, etc are big factors.

the-bun-is-in-your-mind-the-bun-is-in-your-mind-thumb.jpg

Epic night... Me, my brother, CraigD, and ArrDee played safari in the hotel parking lot (and sometimes accidentally the road) until the wee hours of the morning. Many drinks were consumed.

Pictures to come later...

I'm pretty sure we won the award for most fun. This was probably around 1am Saturday morning BEFORE we somehow found our way over to waffle house. I'm not sure why Bob Evans was so prominently featured in our pic. :confused:

24pfin8.jpg

I'm pretty sure we won the award for most fun. This was probably around 1am Saturday morning BEFORE we somehow found our way over to waffle house. I'm not sure why Bob Evans was so prominently featured in our pic. :confused:

24pfin8.jpg

See now that looks like alot more fun than a backgammon battle:rolleyes:

So did they get the ratings finalized?

Nope still crap, its easy to figure out, look at 2 separate divisions like advanced and intermediate and find the same score like a 54 in the 1st round and if the round ratings are the same then you know its not right. All of my rounds are hella wrong, went from a 950, 955, 1018, 966 to a 919, 969, 881, 952. Its not right.

Good joke, with multiple 1000 rated rounds and almost everybody playing above their rating. Not saying that it can't happen I'm just pretty sure it didn't.

Thanks for the tip. I did play better than my rating, just not THAT much better. I think that jcrab is just trying to get my hopes up...lol.

Thanks for the tip. I did play better than my rating, just not THAT much better. I think that jcrab is just trying to get my hopes up...lol.

Yea, they were right when they first posted them then they got messed up and Im really hoping that they get fixed cuz my rating will go hella down if they don't.

Latest posts