• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2016 Infy Awards Winners Announced - Top Discs and Players

Todd@InfiniteDiscs

Par Member
We were late to get the voting started for the 2016 Infy Awards, due to the State of Disc Golf Survey taking the entire month of January. But here are the results! This poll was very simple-- the purpose was to take a popular vote for the best new release discs of 2016 and the most influential professional players of 2016, along with the most memorable disc golf moment.

SEE THE WINNERS HERE

infyawardswinner-e1489084119455.jpg

Infinite Discs will be taking an Infy Awards survey every year going forward, hopefully getting the voting started earlier. Be sure to vote again at the end of 2017!

Hmmm.....I seemed to have missed the chance to vote. Was there a thread here?? Maybe next year.

DD fanboys apparently got the email...and notification of the vote.

Out of that list I am seeing Compass and eMac Truths on the courses locally.
Jawbreaker roaches would have been my vote

These results seem to indicate the effort to keep people from stuffing the ballot box has failed. Not saying it was done by manufacturers, which is what Infinite wants to avoid. I did see several FB pages specific to manufacturers promoting the survey.

I'm fascinated at the results of these polls each year, especially when comparing them to the sales data that Infinite provides. So first, a huge thanks to Todd and Infinite Discs for doing this.

What it tells me is that, despite Innova being (still) the far and away locked in the #1 spot atop the manufacturer pyramid, Dynamic Discs has been specifically targeting and galvanizing the milennial and Gen Z market - who are very attune with and adept at using social media.

The skew in the fan vote results is massive, and I'm not using skew in a negative context btw.

So, in the sense of marketing and leveraging their fanbase, Dynamic is a power player, even if they're not moving the same amount of product. There's some good marketing minds over there, that's for sure.

Sales data from one manufacturer also isn't a very accurate way to measure a disc's popularity - we don't know what kind of share of the DD market Infinite Discs holds - DD's own retail operation likely holds a significant portion of the market. And then new release DD stuff has a bigger Facebook market than Discmania as well.

And it's hard to compare sales of Discmania's third high-speed driver mold with say the Defender, which is around the 20th Trilogy high speed driver.

Latest posts