• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Win $25 at Mellow Mushroom

Registration is sponsored by Mellow Mushroom of Bowling Green.

Each Monday a random drawing of all registered players will be held and the winner will get a $25 gift certificate to Mellow Mushroom. Certificates are given out at check in.

First drawing: December 16th!

Register early for more chances to win.

Register at Disc Golf U: http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/tournament-dashboard.cfm/tourn_id/1057

I really want to play in this this year. Trying to get some guys together from Texas to come out there

I find it interesting that this is the key piece you focus on....

It's the problem with our sport. Players pack is more important than anything else it seems....

BG Ams is a cool event, especially if you haven't played in a big tourney before. I played for the first time last year, and it was cool. Other folks, who have played at USADGC said it didn't live up to expectations, but i think that is just because USADGC is ridiculous.

If you have the means, I would definitely play in this one. I won't be this year, since I'm focusing on playing new tournaments I've not played before, or I'd be back for sure. Also a great way to qualify for 2015 Am Worlds if that is a goal, a decent finish will put you at/near the 500 points needed, and will help prepare you for future big tournaments.

It's the problem with our sport. Players pack is more important than anything else it seems....

BG Ams is a cool event, especially if you haven't played in a big tourney before. I played for the first time last year, and it was cool. Other folks, who have played at USADGC said it didn't live up to expectations, but i think that is just because USADGC is ridiculous.

If you have the means, I would definitely play in this one. I won't be this year, since I'm focusing on playing new tournaments I've not played before, or I'd be back for sure. Also a great way to qualify for 2015 Am Worlds if that is a goal, a decent finish will put you at/near the 500 points needed, and will help prepare you for future big tournaments.

I'm certainly not knocking the event. I would like to try to get out there for it at some point.

I just find it funny that people seem to take the attitude of "Buy a 7 disc mystery box and we'll throw in a free tournament entry!"

I believe Pandamonium Discs will once again be a tournament Sponsor, we got some pretty awesome things that we plan to release at this event and one in particular for the Fly Mart

Well I for one am really looking forward to this event again. The 2012 BG Ams was the first sanctioned tournament I ever played. Did much better in 2013, and want to make similar improvement in my game for 2014. And I for one think the 7 new releases, the included dinner, and a dryfit for early registration does make it really appealing to Rec level players like myself. It's not that I need more discs, but it's kind of like Christmas when you get there, ya know?

Now if I can just make that Sunday afternoon feel like my birthday, too...:D

We went around a few times as a club, deciding to up to 7 discs . . . . but the manufactures have found that this event is the best exposure for amateur players and this is one of a few events co-sponsored by different manufactures at that level. Plus, having the factory guys at the flymart, and around for the event allows interaction of players and manufactures that does not happen at most events. So enjoy trying the new plastic - and play 72 different holes (plus 9 more if you make the finals), enjoy 6-8 other events the days leading up to the event, check out our local pubs (club meeting Thursday at Lost River Pizza), check out the large flymart with many retailers and clubs, go for the putting contest at the players party and BBQ, shoot for your share of the $1000 ace pool, and yes even compete with 100s of others for trophies and prizes during the weekend.

When's this registration closed??..im away till the 15th..and will be on the 16th..and i really want to play this year!!

When's this registration closed??..im away till the 15th..and will be on the 16th..and i really want to play this year!!

You should be OK: registration starts the 15th & will be available until the groups fill up, then they usually put you on a waiting list. It usually takes weeks/months to 'fill'. But the sooner you sign up, the better your chances for winning a drawing, so I'll be signing up asap, myself! :thmbup:

I've yet to play this tournament, but I've wanted to the past 3 years. Think I'm gonna try to make it this coming up year. But I do have a question. Realistically speaking, how much cash should I plan on setting aside for the entire event minus registration? I'm talking for everything such as lodging, food, etc... How much has this journey cost some of you guys in the past?

I've yet to play this tournament, but I've wanted to the past 3 years. Think I'm gonna try to make it this coming up year. But I do have a question. Realistically speaking, how much cash should I plan on setting aside for the entire event minus registration? I'm talking for everything such as lodging, food, etc... How much has this journey cost some of you guys in the past?

Tough question.....you can be as frugal as you want to. It seems most disc golfers take the cheap route but for me the tournament is treated as a vacation and we get a nice hotel room and eat good meals. If you wanted to camp and eat cheaply and do nothing else it could be very cheap. I figure that when I factor in gas lodging tourney entry fees food and flymart we spent easily $700 for double occupancy (prob more).

Latest posts