• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The birdie is boss!!

Yeah, actually one of our local players who has consistently taken top in our charity tourneys and our tag competitions uses an old beat up lime green Birdie to putt with (outclassing our Aviars, Ions, Wizards, etc). Seems like a good option for hilly courses where an overthrow can mean going downhill or into rough because of the low glide, has anyone checked out any of those OOP tye-dye pro Birdies the factory store was selling?

I have one of the OOP tie-dye pro Birdies from the factory store. It feels real good and it bites the chains. Doesn't roll far. This has become my putter of choice. Highly recommend getting one of the factory seconds straight from Innova.

I love the birdie it is my favorite disc (along with a couple others) like innova says I really never :lay up" much anymore since this thing don't skip or roll at all.

I realize this is a super necro bump, but I have a question. Why is the birdie not more popular? The Berg is touted as the greatest disc ever made, but I feel like the birdie is just as good. They are so similar to me. Similar thumb track/tops, flies like a dead brick, deep feel, good stability. I honestly think if the birdie was available in star plastic it could compete with the berg today. Anyways, the birdie was my first ever disc golf disc(pre-thumb-track circle stamp) and I've had a lot of fun throwing one recently. Is the stamp holding it back?

I've tried the birdie and polecat. To me, they fly about the same as most other neutral putters; straight with small fade, decent glide.

Despite the lack of aerodynamics, they still go as far as the popular models.

Why I don't like them is the clunky feel- I worry there is more of a chance of it coming out of my hand funny than a disc with a rounder, shallower rim.

They've done both in the past and neither flew like their DX counterparts sadly.

Last I recall they molded Polecats in Champ was 2017. Picked up two and they had some dome to it. Flew great, but you're right, DX has some magic carpet ride glide. These were more slow bricks.

They've done both in the past and neither flew like their DX counterparts sadly.
Wait, I just remembered I bought an ESP Rattler like...years ago. Never threw it. Did you hear any feedback on how those flew?

Wait, I just remembered I bought an ESP Rattler like...years ago. Never threw it. Did you hear any feedback on how those flew?

Sadly I bought 5. Hot garbage compared to my favorite 165ish old ones. Usable but it just didn't fly like a Rattler does. Clunky and more stability than I want...maybe if you beat the snot out of one?

I'd much rather throw a different mold than force them in the bag. They're collecting dust right now like yours.

Sadly I bought 5. Hot garbage compared to my favorite 165ish old ones. Usable but it just didn't fly like a Rattler does. Clunky and more stability than I want...maybe if you beat the snot out of one?

I'd much rather throw a different mold than force them in the bag. They're collecting dust right now like yours.
I thought when I bought it that I knew better and it was going to end up on a shelf with the Champ Polecats but...fools and money, you know.

Is the stamp holding it back?
Innova re-did the Polecat stamp within the last few years, so maybe the pothead Birdie will go the way of the Dodo next?

I doubt it will do much for sales, though. Lids in general are not all that popular, the and Polecat seems to be the lid of choice. Birdies are easier to control, but they just don't have that glidey thing the Polecats have.

Would love to try a permium Birdie. . Just put a Champ Polecat, a OLD Z Putt´r, a Hydrogen and a BERG in my bag for fun

Would love to try a permium Birdie. . Just put a Champ Polecat, a OLD Z Putt´r, a Hydrogen and a BERG in my bag for fun

Champ Birdies exist somewhere, I owned 2 or 3 many years ago. Sadly can't really remember their flight anymore. Pretty sure it was only one CFR run (or one run for multiple tournaments at the same time)

My friend told me Champ Polecats popped up on the innova store yesterday. Wasn't able to snag one, but hopefully they'll do another run.

Does anyone know if the Birdie stamp is the "inspiration" for Jussi selecting the name "Discmania?" Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. It would be a "reinvention" of an Innova idea, I guess?

Latest posts