• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Buckeye Classic presented by Discraft - April 14, 2018

bschick

Bogey Member
Registration opened last week and we already have 40+ people signed up. Don't miss out if you are in the area!

Registration - https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/The_Buckeye_Classic_2018

On two of the best courses in Central Ohio, the original 18 holes at Hoover Reservoir and the beautiful Alum Creek State Park course. We will have a very nice players package for the Ams, a minimum of $500 added cash to the Pros and tons of CTP prizes throughout the day - some donated and signed by 2X World Champ Ricky Wysocki.

There is a possibility we will split the Ams and Pros depending on the demand for this tournament. That decision will be made by the end of January.

#1 of the 2018 BIG Moo Point Series

Format:
18 holes at Alum – Longs (Pro & Adv), Shorts (All Other Div)
18 holes at Hoover (Orig 18) - Longs (Pro & Adv), Shorts (All Other Div)

Course Layouts TBD

Very nice players packs for Ams
Advanced Winner will receive a Westside Discs Weekend Basket (min 15 in division)
Min $500 added cash for Pros (Majority to Open Men/Women)
Pre-Registration REQUIRED, no day of registration
Must have a minimum of 4 players to form a division (unless discussed prior with TD)

Quick update here, we split the Pro and Am
sides due to demand. We already have a full field of 72 on the Pro side and have just about 40 spots left on the Am side. Don't wait if you plan to play, over 100 people signed up in about 2 weeks!

Only 20 Am spots left, I would expect this to be full by the end of the weekend. If you plan to play, you better get on it fast. Already 16 on the waitlist from the Pro side!

Wow it sold out. Glad I got in when I did, I guess.

so, if its that dam popular. have no idea how a tourney would sell out during the winter but why didn't you up the ante, add a course, etc.

Well for one thing, he would need a third person willing and qualified to TD the third course. Also, the only other course close enough to make it feasible is very good when compared to the other two. Its a short pitch 'n putt in the woods.

This is what happens when the sport gets bigger. There are a lot of active tourney players in our state and they travel.

Last edited:
To tell you the truth, I am surprised this filled so fast with the Iffy Hollers event the same weekend. The cincy guys really like going down there but several of them are signed up for this event.

so, if its that dam popular. have no idea how a tourney would sell out during the winter but why didn't you up the ante, add a course, etc.

Honestly I am really surprised it filled that fast, I was just being silly. I started out with only 90 spots (hoping for 75ish) and when that filled I decided to split the pools to avoid 5somes. It still blew up and filled quickly. It's my first year running it, we will see what next year brings?

Maybe you could talk them into letting you use the Westside course...

It would be nice to play that course when it wasn't 90 degrees and humid...;):D

My brother and I got signed up. Looking forward to seeing you again Brad, didn't get a good chance to talk to you this year. Excited to play in Columbus for the first time!