• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

the case for or against ramps to make roller aces possible

I agree that the OP's drawing is fantastic. Very deft to include the Atlas reference.

But with the diagram I had hoped the Innova Sysiphus would be already be approved. (so super anti gyroscopic it can never make it up the ramp)

I hate this idea but I don't think that a flat ramp is the way to go. I would create a ramp that looks more like an upward valley. The intention is that you can hit the ramp from a few angles and it would funnel the disc up to the basket.

Also your disc would catch a venereal disease.

Look-of-Disapproval.png

You find that dude funny? That's the second one of his videos I [painfully] watched:|

in 1973 a hubcap fell off a caprice classic on the highway and continued rolling straight, eventually turning to the left into oncoming traffic where it hit a semi truck carrying radioactive waste causing a 27 car pileup. 5 deaths and months of clean up later the frisbee roller shot was born.

since that magical moment disc golfers have been throwing roller shots no matter how many beers they drank that day. dave fendberg threw a roller in sweden in 2006 and everyone went nuts, but now the question beckons:

should we put ramps in front of baskets to allow for roller aces?

GjbFShF.jpg

for over 38th years disc rollers have been discriminated against on achieving true perfection of discs in chain basket. i think its time we allow these people to make their dreams a reality, and really grow the sport.

discuss :cool:

Awesome drawing you should put it on your fridge

I hate to be a negative Nancy, but putting ramps in front of baskets to make roller aces possible is one of the most idiotic ideas I've heard in a long time. I could elaborate on why but I don't see any reason why I should.

Let's put trampolines by the basket for thumbers and tomahawks while we're at it...