• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Cro

Yes, I have used the Cro since it first came out in star plastic. I think it is reliable and handles the different speed levels and shots well. I have used it in the star, DX, CFR Champion, and R-Pro plastics. I beat the DX in too soon, put the star on the back burner since it was first run. I mainly use the R-pro and break out the Champion for something different. It has been good for me were I need a longer approach shot than I can get to with my Rhyno. If you play alot of wooded courses it works good for that.

I had one in the bag for a while. Star plastic. I really like it for short up shots, but I just use a putter now. Between roc, buzz, putter I see no fit for the cro.

I have a DX cro and really like it, but like T Strat said with a buzz, a roc and a putter it seems to overlap in my bag. But get one and try it out. Might replace something or add something to your bag.

To me it throws like a slightly longer challenger or BB Aviar. It's not a bad disc, I just have discs that can do what it does so I don't throw it.

I use a DX Cro from time to time. It doesn't have a permanent place, but occassionally I use one depending on the course. My normal mids are

Z Buzz
Z Buzz SS

San Marino Roc
KC Pro Roc

DX Gator
Star Gator

so if a course tends to have shorter S curve drop zones, I'll put the Cro in in place of one of these.

Another way to look at it, to me it is a shorter, cutter Roc.

If I lost my Roc's, Buzz's or Gator's, I would replace them. If I lost my Cro, I wouldn't replace it.

Same way I feel about my Mako (use it time to time, but wouldn't replace if lost), but on the other side of the stable spectrum.

I have one. I carry a Spider instead. Innova says Cro is an alternative to a Shark. I carry a Shark too but it's heavier than my Cro or Spider.

I used to throw a Cro, but it gradually made its way out of my bag since I was just throwing my newish Roc all the time. It is different enough that I would recommend everyone try both and see which they like better, but I prefer the Roc.

Rocs seem more consistent off the tee and the stability/glide are a little more driver-like as opposed to the Cro which feels more like a fast putter than a slow driver.

CRO is my mid of choice. It is faster then a roc and just as stable. What I like about it is that when it runs out of juice it just floats down I like how it doesn't have a bead, it comes of smoother then a roc for me. I can crush it and know what exactly what it will do. I carry three star cros in my bag. 2 1st runs and a stock stamped one.

Here is a thread I started awhile ago.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22015

I only carry two mid molds - Cro & Classic Roc. Been carrying the Cro since they came out and it's the mid I trust the most. Very predictable and handles the wind pretty well. I carry two one beat in and one pretty new - Both first run Star. I have a couple champ ones and getting ready to try one for a while.

Champ Cro's are AWESOME ... a bit more fade than the stars IMO and holds truer to the rated filght numebrs to me. I do love me some first run star cro's and have several in various states of wear including almost new. They're buttery soft and ultra grippy but I don't carry the star cro's too often anymore.

i used to throw them. first runs. i still like them. they were definitely nice for wooded holes since they're small diameter. but not much glide.

Really is a versatile mid. Faster than a Roc but less glide, so it's very controllable. Not super overstable, but has a solid fade. Small diameter and great in places where tight shots are needed. IMO, Would be ideal for a one disc round...Great all around disc...

I used the cro for about a year until I got a buzzz. The cro sadly is the only disc that does the same line as a buzzz. The cro jus glides like a cinder block. It feels great inthe hand and goes straight just not for me. Good FH mid and can be used r one disc rounds.

Cro is my go to disc. Throw it hard and fast and it will go where you want to. Small dim disc that has no float perfect for those strong arms. Love this disc. 1st run star is the best version.

I do have larger hands, but the Cro's smaller size still feels great. Good to chuck when there's wind as the limited glide keeps it out of trouble.

I love my Cro. In fact, you know how on the GRIP EQ bag there's the little kangaroo pouch where you can fit one more disc? That's where I keep my Cro because it is my go to upshot disc. I use to always use a Rhyno for upshots, but the Cro goes further and is still just as consistent. It's also one of, if not my all time, favorite side arm discs. I use it for most of my sidearm shots under 300 ft as long as ceiling isn't an issue. The smaller diameter makes it feel like a putter, but it comes out smoother and faster. Honestly I have nothing bad to say about the disc. Definitely worth trying out.

Finally a cro thread, or I just could not find one. I didn't like how it could turn over, but now I hyzer flip it, goes straight, then fades left. Agree not much glide, I guess that is better in wind but haven't tested it. Small diam feels good. Flies like a kc pro aviar except doesn't hurt my fingers upon release. But fades left a bit more. I have 172 star.