• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] The D2 and D3 thread

Threw a d2 for the first time today and it flew like a seasoned destroyer, I haven't seen any consistency issues with prodigy at all. Ive thrown 3 different m1s, all were the same, m4s are amazing, m3s are a touch overstable. D1 protos were kinda flippy but the mold was tweaked and my first runs are flying great. Ive thrown multiples of every mold and they are more consistent than any other company I've seen.

Funny, I've had completely different experiences with them. I've thrown a FR D1 that was like a pretty beat destroyer, and one that flew like a brand new destroyer. I've thrown a D4 that was extremely flippy, and I own a D4 that flies like the D1's.

All in all, I haven't found two prodigy discs of the same mold that fly similarly. They're all over the map, which is why I won't be buying any for the next year or so (at least)

getting sidetracked here, but i've thrown a lot of D1s and although some are "flippy," the opaque 166-168 gram greens and even more so the dark blue 166 gramers are really overstable. they keep right up with my S-PD2 and are more overstable than my C-PD2. there seems to be a lot of variance in the PLH for the D1s, which will account for a range in stability, but i can hardly imagine them making a useable D2 that is more overstable than my beefiest D1.

Lol, honestly its possible you got mismarked ones.. Which as much as i hate to say it, seems like more of a widespread thing than was initially thought. The profiles of all four are very similar and hard to tell apart unless theyre inthe hand.

You are right about the beefy one being almost useless. Its litterally PD2 stable.
More of an OS utility warp speeder. Wont make my bag at all

Still yet to find/see a beefy D1. I will also be waiting to see consistency level out. Which is a bummer there plastic feels awesome in my sweaty nervous hands.

Lol, honestly its possible you got mismarked ones.. Which as much as i hate to say it, seems like more of a widespread thing than was initially thought. The profiles of all four are very similar and hard to tell apart unless theyre inthe hand.

You are right about the beefy one being almost useless. Its litterally PD2 stable.
More of an OS utility warp speeder. Wont make my bag at all

i'm good at identifying rims, and these are all D1s for sure. aren't the D2s supposed to be more blunt?

anyway, if the D3 is nice and straight out of the box i may try that as my D1 compliment. I carry a proto for mostly straight and a first run for OS, so if the D3 has some turn and breaks into something nice, i could be all over that. you guys with the D3s, i am eagerly awaiting your reviews.

I've had a D2 since December and I absolutely love it for long tunnel-style drives. It is one of my go-to's for long wooded courses. Release on slight hyzer and it flips up and turns a little but always fades back at the end. Mine is in the G plastic though so I don't know if these will fly the same (hopefully they do!).

Still yet to find/see a beefy D1. I will also be waiting to see consistency level out. Which is a bummer there plastic feels awesome in my sweaty nervous hands.

opaque red D1 FRs are beefy. buddy of mine who can throw 500' plus. cant get them to turn at all. straight with healthy fade.

form another thread where i explained my observations:
What I have discovered is that stability in Prodigy discs is seemingly based on color and the degree of translucency. Red seems to be the most OS color in any mold. And if it is near opaque it is even more so. Blue seems to belil more on the US side. Pink is super OS. White neutral. Yellow, orange, green, and dark blue are seemingly slightly OS. (these assumptions are mainly based on D1s and M3s as those two molds i have thrown the most amount of colors)

Working stability based on color (OS to US):
Opaque Red>Translucent Red>Opaque Pink>Opaque White>Translucent Green>Translucent Orange>Opaque Yellow>Dark Blue>Light Blue

i'm good at identifying rims, and these are all D1s for sure. aren't the D2s supposed to be more blunt?

I've had a D2 since December and I absolutely love it for long tunnel-style drives. It is one of my go-to's for long wooded courses. Release on slight hyzer and it flips up and turns a little but always fades back at the end. Mine is in the G plastic though so I don't know if these will fly the same (hopefully they do!).

Kpc's post is what leads me to believe there was a mismarking incident or its been re tooled or something.

The D3 i threw was similar to one of the lightweight D1 i had, straight with a late turn and then a fade if thrown high enough. The glide wasnt on par with the D4, but i dont think anyone was expecting it to be.

Ive thrown 1 red fr D1 and while it was slightly more OS on the low speed side than my protos and other fr it still had way to much high speed turn to be considered OS. I'd have rates it -2, 3 where the others I threw -2,2

Like I said I'm just going to wait a bit cause I love the plastic and their designs have great glide and go far but I want something that will fly as advertised or close to it within reasonable means. The way mine flew is not overstable unless your max d is 300 or less.

FYI this is personal experience I'm sure there are OS ones out there but I'm not going to go on a hunt ATM.

Last edited:

Latest posts