• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Disc Golf Experience Annual Winter Roadtrip 2015

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
This is not the 6th year I have taken an annual roadtrip specifically to play disc golf since finding the sport on a winter roadtrip the year before. That one certainly lit a spark in me and I have been off and running playing disc golf almost daily for 6 years and spending thousands of dollars a year travelling and playing disc golf.

This year I am headed from Milwaukee, WI to Phoenix, AZ and back. I am likely staying on a northern route on the way down and will be headed home just a little further south so I can hit new cities. Right now this looks to be my route:

Leaving Milwaukee on February 8th or 9th passing through these cities
Peoria, IL
Springfield, IL
St. Louis, MO
Rolla/Vichy MO
Springfield, MO
Branson, MO
Pawhuska, OK
Oklahoma City, OK
Amarillo, TX
Santa Fe, NM
Albuquerque, NM
Flagstaff, AZ

We might make a run to Las Vegas for a day/night depending on weather and how quickly we get south.

Prescott, AZ

Arriving in Phoenix February 21st-23rd
The goal is to arrive in Phoenix in time to play a round or two at the Memorial courses before meeting up with friends playing in the Memorial the day before and maybe caddying or walking along on Day 1 of the event. I could stay until the end of the tourney or I might start heading out on my way home after the first day of competition but I am leaving that open.

Departing Phoenix sometime between February 25th-28th

Tuscon, AZ
Roswell, NM
Lubbock, TX
Odessa, TX
Abilene, TX
Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
Talco, TX (Selah of course)
Little Rock, AR
Memphis, TN
Jonesboro, AR

From there we could go back through St. Louis or through SW Illinois . . . undecided and maybe based on weather.

Arriving in Milwaukee no later than March 7th

I will be playing in these cities and in between as time/weather allows. My goal is 75-85 courses if I use the full 28 days to the best of my ability. I have the top courses in each area already written down as ones to target but sometimes schedules get thrown off so there will be some other courses played besides just the top ones in an area.

If you know of any great private courses I shouldn't miss . . . let me know. if you want to try to meet for a round . . . let me know but know its really hard to time meetups while travelling 6000 miles over 28 days. The ultimate goal is to cram as much DG into this month as I can before I go back to the busy summer schedule I have here in WI.

You haven't played Selah yet, according to your profile. Enjoy. I'll be interested to see where those courses fit in your list. Don't forget the 2 Trey courses south of Selah. I can't personally recommend them as I haven't played them yet, but I'd like to hear your take if you do. We'll be at Selah for 3.5 days in April, and it's tough to decide if it's "worth it" to forfeit one of those days to go play at Trey.

I do hope to also hit the Trey courses on the way home with an overnight at Selah . . . Also hitting the Memorial courses, Branson Cedars Resort Treehouz DGC, The Lodge (which I have already played), which look to be the highlights of the trip. The rest will be dependent on weather and travel . . . but I have all of the 4 disc or better courses written down along the way!

Hello sir-

A. Very jealous of your trip, that looks awesome!

B. Very excited to see Jonesboro, Arkansas on you list! As your trip starts to unfold lets stay in touch so I can arrange my schedule to make sure me or one of the members is available to meet you at the courses.

If you have any questions between now and then, feel free IM me here or send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Brad

Thanks for that info Brad . . . my hopes are to come that direction on the way home but it might depend on weather and my timing.

Ill keep posted on my facebook page for sure . . . and will try to update here too

Latest posts