• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley to KY and such. 2024

Less than a week out and It's pretty much the same trip lined up so far. Slightly updated version.

Day 1: To Lebanon IN
Camp Cullom DGC - (24) If time allows.

Day 2: To Louisville KY
Boylan Acres - Extreme - (18)
Boylan Acres - Arduous - (18)
Boylan Acres - Constitution Course - (18)
Foxlands - (18)

Day 3: Louisville KY
Buffalo Trace Park - (18)
Seviren Lang DGC - (18)
Lapping Memorial Park - (18)

Day 4: Louisville KY
Ryan's Course - (18)
Active Heroes - (19) bumped up earlier due to hours of operation
Charlie Vettiner Park - (18)
Iroquis Park - (18)

Day 5: To Leitchfield KY
Arrowhead DGC - (27) parking pass obtained thanks to @Cerealman
Muldraugh DGC - (18)
Radcliff Disc Golf - (18)
Freeman Lake Park - (18) if we're not exhausted lol

Day 6: To Cave City KY
Wolf Knob - (18)
Holler in the Hills - (18)

Day 7: To Haubstadt IN
Mammoth Cave tour
Ohio County Park - (18) maybe course, break up the drive

Day 8: To Effingham IL
Haubstadt Johnson DGC - (18)
Mesker Woods - (18)
Mesker Park - (18)
Prides Creek Park - (18)

Day 9: To Ogelsby IL
Shelbyville DGC - (18)
Tower Hill DGC - (9)
The Spillway DGC - (18)
Jo Clark Siegert DGC - (18)

Day 10: Home
Starved Rock DGC - (18) Shout out to @Countchunkula for the review
Illinois Valley Community College DGC - (9)
The Quarry at Rotary Park - (18)
Baker Lake Park DGC - (18)

That's the plan as of now. Weather looks suspect for parts of it, but we got rain gear and It's the first trip of the year so it is what it is. I'll probably review everything and probably give a brief recap on here each day. Can't come soon enough.

Last edited:
Glad to help, @wolfhaley.

I have my biannual guys' disc golf weekend starting tomorrow and we axed plans to go to Charleston, W.V., at the last minute due to weather concerns and are visiting western Kentucky instead. We'll be staying for two nights about 15 minutes from Wolf Knob — I can't wait to play another Houck course! We also plan to hit Radcliff and Freeman Lake on Sunday before heading back.

Of course, I'm quite jealous of your trip plans … enjoy!

I might look into booking your Cave tours in advance. I don't know if it is even possible, but we ended up waiting a handful of hours, due to several of the next tours being booked.

How have I not seen this thread until now?! Trying to sneak in a road trip to pass me for reviewer of the year I see!

Bad Boy Dog GIF by Studios 2016

Bad boy, this won't be tolerated! Good thing I'll be in Texas next week :D

I'd confirm w/ Camp Cullom before stopping that they're open for play. Wabash Disc Golf Club hosted CC's annual spring event Beat the Nettles Doubles a couple weeks ago, but I'm not sure if that means it's open for the season yet or not.

Private course bagging opportunity: we're installing a new course on the east side of Indy next to Ft. Ben Harrison State Park (and Fall Creek Disc Golf Course). 10 out of 18 holes are completely finished with concrete tees and Chainstar Pros installed and form a ready-to-play loop. The new course is co-designed by Jerry Suiter and Kevin Gillon - Jerry also designed CC once upon a time - and it will be a hot commodity in Indy one day (shorter, wooded holes w/ high fun factor and good pathway infrastructure = high popularity). Course usage is by-invitation-only until it's finished. Feel free to message me if you're interested in checking out the completed section on your way through town. Here's a UDisc review that I totally didn't write (course is privately listed on UDisc at the moment):

VFWDisc-Golf-UDisc-Review.png

I might look into booking your Cave tours in advance. I don't know if it is even possible, but we ended up waiting a handful of hours, due to several of the next tours being booked.

Yep, booked one already just in case that happened.

How have I not seen this thread until now?! Trying to sneak in a road trip to pass me for reviewer of the year I see!

Bad Boy Dog GIF by Studios 2016

Bad boy, this won't be tolerated! Good thing I'll be in Texas next week :D

It'll be tough to catch you if keep going to Texas ya jerk 😁 I'm going to try though.

@SocraDeez

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately we'll only be near Indy for that one day or I'd absolutely try out the new one.

I'll try to get ahold of Camp Cullom before hand as well. That one is a maybe though. Totally depends on time for that one.

I'm going to try to get out to The Quarry at Rotary Park - (18) this weekend. If so, I'll get a review up. Steve G writes really good reviews, but I don't see how a course with hardly any trees could be a 5. Be curious to hear what you think of it when you give us a recap.

I'm going to try to get out to The Quarry at Rotary Park - (18) this weekend. If so, I'll get a review up. Steve G writes really good reviews, but I don't see how a course with hardly any trees could be a 5. Be curious to hear what you think of it when you give us a recap.

I wondered the same thing. I can guarantee you I won't be giving it a 5 though.

@SocraDeez

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately we'll only be near Indy for that one day or I'd absolutely try out the new one.

I'll try to get ahold of Camp Cullom before hand as well. That one is a maybe though. Totally depends on time for that one.
I played it a few weeks ago so I can confirm it is open. We got a lot of rain this week but hopefully it will dry out over the weekend. It's not at all cart friendly even in dry conditions FYI.

Glad to help, @wolfhaley.

I have my biannual guys' disc golf weekend starting tomorrow and we axed plans to go to Charleston, W.V., at the last minute due to weather concerns and are visiting western Kentucky instead. We'll be staying for two nights about 15 minutes from Wolf Knob — I can't wait to play another Houck course! We also plan to hit Radcliff and Freeman Lake on Sunday before heading back.

Of course, I'm quite jealous of your trip plans … enjoy!
@Cerealman, @wolfhaley, I am one of the owners of Wolf Knob. If you are interested, I can give you a tour of some future holes we have been working on for our 11,000 ft Mammoth Cave course located on the same property. It may take an extra hour or two though!

@Cerealman, @wolfhaley, I am one of the owners of Wolf Knob. If you are interested, I can give you a tour of some future holes we have been working on for our 11,000 ft Mammoth Cave course located on the same property. It may take an extra hour or two though!
Hi Frankhky,

Thank you for the generous offer. Since we'll be bagging multiple courses each day and time is tight, we'll focus on throwing and look forward to playing the Mammoth Cave course in the future.

Appreciate the offer. I'll see what we're looking like timewise and we'll have to run it by @PastorofMuppets whom we'll be playing with that day too. 👍

Appreciate the offer. I'll see what we're looking like timewise and we'll have to run it by @PastorofMuppets whom we'll be playing with that day too. 👍
Certainly open to whatever fits yours schedule timewise. You've got a roadtrip schedule to keep, I'm just there to fling some plastic and meet some awesome people.

That's the plan as of now. Weather looks suspect for parts of it, but we got rain gear and It's the first trip of the year so it is what it is. I'll probably review everything and probably give a brief recap on here each day. Can't come soon enough.

Looking like a great trip. Hopefully, at least the big deluges we've been getting (our rain gauge hit 3" twice in the past week) will be out of the way and you'll be looking at only our typical Kentucky Spring rain. Going to assume you both have good under-layers for the 60 degree but feel like 40 degree days. You'll probably miss the redbud, but there should be plenty of wildflowers and other signs of Spring going strong. And I think my mom was right when she said that Kentucky is the most beautiful when it's raining.

I'll be crossing your route, heading up to the Champions Cup, and will probably play at least one of the Peoria courses while I'm there.

Looking like a great trip. Hopefully, at least the big deluges we've been getting (our rain gauge hit 3" twice in the past week) will be out of the way and you'll be looking at only our typical Kentucky Spring rain. Going to assume you both have good under-layers for the 60 degree but feel like 40 degree days. You'll probably miss the redbud, but there should be plenty of wildflowers and other signs of Spring going strong. And I think my mom was right when she said that Kentucky is the most beautiful when it's raining.

I'll be crossing your route, heading up to the Champions Cup, and will probably play at least one of the Peoria courses while I'm there.

Yeah we're bringing a wide array of clothing. Gotta figure that towards the end of the trip we'll be further north and anything can happen in late April in northern IL.

Let me know what you play in Peoria. There's some great courses over there. Northwood Black is an ass kicker but you'll leave with a smile on your face at the same time. Megiddo is probably my favorite one though. Just an all around awesome course, probably not the best in the spring though. We played it in 2019 when PDGA Worlds was at Eureka so basically prime conditions for it. McNaughton was really nice too. Man, looking at it I still haven't played much over there and I've been there twice :confused:

Certainly open to whatever fits yours schedule timewise. You've got a roadtrip schedule to keep, I'm just there to fling some plastic and meet some awesome people.

We'll figure it out when it gets a bit closer and see what the weather looks like. Wolf Knob and Holler for sure though. Looking forward to it man (y)

I played it a few weeks ago so I can confirm it is open. We got a lot of rain this week but hopefully it will dry out over the weekend. It's not at all cart friendly even in dry conditions FYI.

Appreciate the heads up. I emailed them anyway just to be on the safe side.

Excellent reviews recently for Boylan and Foxlands too BTW. I'll try to get a bunch of pictures for them when I'm over there too. Don't know if I'll do my normal tee sign/tee/mid fairway ones though. The thought of uploading 200+ photos afterwards hurts my brain. Maybe just some tee pics lol.