• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2024?

I'll move this over here. Nobody will know what's going on :devilish:

We should hit up Sterling Hill at some point this summer though. I want to hit Axldog Acres again anyway and there's some newer bolf course looking deal over that way too. August sometime maybe?

@elmexdela bat signal just in case he's available.
Whispering Hills in New Richmond is legit (if that's the one you're thinking of)... I love Axldog, will always jump at a chance to play it again. And Sterling Hill was fun times, you have good tastes my friend ;)

We should hit up Sterling Hill at some point this summer though. I want to hit Axldog Acres again anyway and there's some newer bolf course looking deal over that way too. August sometime maybe?

There is an outside chance we may be passing through that area in early-mid August. Just sayin'. 😊

I'll move this over here. Nobody will know what's going on :devilish:

@elmexdela bat signal just in case he's available.
i will be in alaska for the first half of the month of august

but if im available im 100% down

and i havent been to whispering yet but i would love to peep it

i will be in alaska for the first half of the month of august

Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

News to me.

Denali?

Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

News to me.

Denali?
oh shoot i thought i told you

were flying into anchorage

spending some time around anchorage and then venturing down towards seward and homer

we saw denali last time we were in alaska and thats one big fucker

doin a bunch of hiking and wildlife viewing

goin to try and grab as many dg courses as i can but ill be with my partner so i might not get em all but ill certainly try haha

that one is on my for sure list

are you the one who posted on here that you saw a moose there

im gunna be honest im goin to try and manipulate my way into getting to dg courses north of anchorage

any other things to do/see are welcome too

my wife and daughter want to hit up milwaukee area sunday - tuesday, so i'll prob try to squeeze in at least a couple of rounds on whatever courses are actually open. prob not the best time to try to bag some of the area courses, but i'll take what i can get.

thats what i like to hear i will add to my wish list

We mostly visited with friends and family so not much sightseeing. We did spend some time on the beach near Clam Gulch with a geologist friend. Not a touristy place, but lovely view of volcanoes across the fjord, nice little waterfall, and some cool rocks. Apparently tides go way up and down so time your visit carefully if you go . . .

I was the one with the moose encounter. Kept me from finishing Kincaid, dangit.

We mostly visited with friends and family so not much sightseeing. We did spend some time on the beach near Clam Gulch with a geologist friend. Not a touristy place, but lovely view of volcanoes across the fjord, nice little waterfall, and some cool rocks. Apparently tides go way up and down so time your visit carefully if you go . . .

I was the one with the moose encounter. Kept me from finishing Kincaid, dangit.
ahh that was you hahaha

when i was there we had a moose outside of our air bnb at like 6am

and i played this private course where they had some moose racks and i lifted one and its at least 50 pounds i couldnt imagine how strong their necks are and bein mauled by one

a geoligist friend would be such a hook up for experiencing alaska i would love to hear endless commentary about the rocks and land and climate

alaska has been the best place ive visited

Alaska State Fair is in August and has the biggest vegetables in the world... (maybe more of an attraction to me as a farmer).
View attachment 334976
i dont visit the mn state fair but i looked up the alaska one and were unfortunately missing it by a few days or i woulda tried to stop that woulda been fun to see how alaska gets down

my wife and daughter want to hit up milwaukee area sunday - tuesday, so i'll prob try to squeeze in at least a couple of rounds on whatever courses are actually open. prob not the best time to try to bag some of the area courses, but i'll take what i can get.
brown deer was alright

johnson park down in racine is legit (wolfhaley tipped me off on this a while back and of course was correct)

I still haven't played any of them, but I know Dretzka has a specific winter layout. Probably makes sense to bag that one if it's still in.

ahh that was you hahaha

when i was there we had a moose outside of our air bnb at like 6am

and i played this private course where they had some moose racks and i lifted one and its at least 50 pounds i couldnt imagine how strong their necks are and bein mauled by one

a geoligist friend would be such a hook up for experiencing alaska i would love to hear endless commentary about the rocks and land and climate

alaska has been the best place ive visited
I was on a float trip as a kid on the snake river near Teton NP when we encountered a moose. It was a cow and she wandered out like she was thinking of crossing the river maybe a couple of hundred yards ahead of us. The guides looked legit scared, but we gave her a wide berth and all was well.

that one is on my for sure list

are you the one who posted on here that you saw a moose there

im gunna be honest im goin to try and manipulate my way into getting to dg courses north of anchorage

I think it's pretty common to see moose there. I saw one too but was able to finish my round. Kincaid is probably in my top 3-5 courses I have played.

I only played Peters Creek and Kincaid around Anchorage, but would say Peters Creek is worth the time too if you have it after Kincaid. Nice tight technical course in birch forest.

I also played Girdwood which will be on your route down to Seward/Homer (if you're driving). That one can be skipped IMO, but it's in a pretty setting. And the one course in Seward which was a decent 9er. There were a bunch of other courses on the Kenai Peninsula (Seward/Homer) that looked fun, but I didn't get around to playing them.

Other stuff in Seward - Don't miss the Kenai Fjords boat tour, besides the fjords themselves we saw so much wildlife and it was fantastic. My partner and I liked the Alaska Sealife Center too. It felt a little less curated but more connected to nature than some of the other aquariums I have been to, which I appreciated. The Exit Glacier hike in the national park was OK. I wish we had done the Harding Icefield Trail hike there, that one is still on my bucket list but it's a bit tougher of a hike.

Between Anchorage and Seward if driving - We parked and took the train from Girdwood to Spencer Glacier area which was a cool little hike surrounded by mountains and only accessible via the train. Whittier is a fun detour, you have to drive thru a 2.5 mile one-lane tunnel to get there. We didn't really find much to do there but beautiful views. Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center near Girdwood was OK if you want to see land wildlife up close.

You already said Alaska is the best place you've visited so you know it'll be fun no matter what you do. :)