• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2024?

I was on a float trip as a kid on the snake river near Teton NP when we encountered a moose. It was a cow and she wandered out like she was thinking of crossing the river maybe a couple of hundred yards ahead of us. The guides looked legit scared, but we gave her a wide berth and all was well.
My buddies and I were about 2 miles into the backcountry at Grand Teton and rounded a corner to find a bull, cow, and calf about 150 feet away. Most frightened of any wildlife with legs I have ever been (i have a bit of a snake thing)- we retreated and survived.

My buddies and I were about 2 miles into the backcountry at Grand Teton and rounded a corner to find a bull, cow, and calf about 150 feet away. Most frightened of any wildlife with legs I have ever been (i have a bit of a snake thing)- we retreated and survived.
i have some survivor stories of friends coming close to moose and having to detour miles of bushwacking to get around/by the moose

(up in the thick boundary waters areas of mn)

I think it's pretty common to see moose there. I saw one too but was able to finish my round. Kincaid is probably in my top 3-5 courses I have played.

I only played Peters Creek and Kincaid around Anchorage, but would say Peters Creek is worth the time too if you have it after Kincaid. Nice tight technical course in birch forest.

I also played Girdwood which will be on your route down to Seward/Homer (if you're driving). That one can be skipped IMO, but it's in a pretty setting. And the one course in Seward which was a decent 9er. There were a bunch of other courses on the Kenai Peninsula (Seward/Homer) that looked fun, but I didn't get around to playing them.

Other stuff in Seward - Don't miss the Kenai Fjords boat tour, besides the fjords themselves we saw so much wildlife and it was fantastic. My partner and I liked the Alaska Sealife Center too. It felt a little less curated but more connected to nature than some of the other aquariums I have been to, which I appreciated. The Exit Glacier hike in the national park was OK. I wish we had done the Harding Icefield Trail hike there, that one is still on my bucket list but it's a bit tougher of a hike.

Between Anchorage and Seward if driving - We parked and took the train from Girdwood to Spencer Glacier area which was a cool little hike surrounded by mountains and only accessible via the train. Whittier is a fun detour, you have to drive thru a 2.5 mile one-lane tunnel to get there. We didn't really find much to do there but beautiful views. Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center near Girdwood was OK if you want to see land wildlife up close.

You already said Alaska is the best place you've visited so you know it'll be fun no matter what you do. :)
yup we will be driving (but aware some stuff is only accessible by boat or train)

thank you for the heads up on all that stuff

i personally am less of a planner but my partner gets off on planning all the details

i could show up to a spot without any plan and just figure it out

all these heads up will make my partner happy and should be able to adjust our time/scheduling better thank you

I still haven't played any of them, but I know Dretzka has a specific winter layout. Probably makes sense to bag that one if it's still in.
Ironically that's the only one I have previously played, but even that is not open currently.

It's kind of funny that even though Madison and Milwaukee have a plethora of courses, I'd almost prefer just having Dubuque Veteran's Memorial at my disposal since it never closes and there isn't 8 people on every teepad.

yup we will be driving (but aware some stuff is only accessible by boat or train)

thank you for the heads up on all that stuff

i personally am less of a planner but my partner gets off on planning all the details

i could show up to a spot without any plan and just figure it out

all these heads up will make my partner happy and should be able to adjust our time/scheduling better thank you
Most of that area between Anchorage/Seward/Homer is drivable. It just takes a while. Seward to Homer doesn't really look that far on a map but it takes like 3.5 hours lol.

DM or ping here again if you (or partner) want any more input! 😁 I don't think it will happen this year for me, but definitely gotta get back to Alaska sometime soon.

Most of that area between Anchorage/Seward/Homer is drivable. It just takes a while. Seward to Homer doesn't really look that far on a map but it takes like 3.5 hours lol.

DM or ping here again if you (or partner) want any more input! 😁 I don't think it will happen this year for me, but definitely gotta get back to Alaska sometime soon.
as much as i love derailing threads i will pm you

that one is on my for sure list

are you the one who posted on here that you saw a moose there

im gunna be honest im goin to try and manipulate my way into getting to dg courses north of anchorage

any other things to do/see are welcome too
We saw a moose at Kincaid. Supposedly very common there. We had a great day. We had a big breakfast at Snow City Cafe and then rented bicycles. We bike about 10 miles up the Cook Inlet on a very easy, beautiful path to Kincaid. Then played and rode back to Anchorage. We also got stopped on the bike ride by a moose and calf.

We spent a week in this area (the Kenai peninsula) many years ago, staying a week in the RV my parents drove up that way the summer they retired. Took a week to scratch the surface, and the views and vistas were the most beautiful landscape we've ever seen. Having a moose cross the road and stop to stare you eye to eye (up in the driver's seat of an RV) will always remind me of how huge they are.

I'll be going to southern Missouri for the solar eclipse on Monday and plan to add my 21st state to the books. Then in May I get to add California!

Is anyone else traveling for the eclipse and hitting up a new course or two while doing so?

I'll be going to southern Missouri for the solar eclipse on Monday and plan to add my 21st state to the books. Then in May I get to add California!

Is anyone else traveling for the eclipse and hitting up a new course or two while doing so?
Man, I had big plans. Until I realized the traffic snafu, prices and availability of lodging. We are going to head to Whiteford-STONECO early Monday morning. Pack a grill, some coneys, Oberon and play some disc golf. I have not been down there to play yet, so I'm bagging a course to boot. Not totality, but it looks like clouds anyway.

Man, I had big plans. Until I realized the traffic snafu, prices and availability of lodging. We are going to head to Whiteford-STONECO early Monday morning. Pack a grill, some coneys, Oberon and play some disc golf. I have not been down there to play yet, so I'm bagging a course to boot. Not totality, but it looks like clouds anyway.
I just read how that area was likely going to be cloudy. Thankfully the forecast for MO is looking better every day. But both Sunday and Tuesday call for rain, so if the forecast slides either way, it may not be as fun. Only time will tell!

My partner and I are headed to Texas, although the weather forecast is telling me we should have just driven a few hours to Indiana instead. 😬

I'm going to try to get a round or two in down there.

If the eclipse gets clouded out, but you play some good new courses, at least you got in what would have been a good vacation. As opposed to those who are spending thousands of dollars and traveling just to see the eclipse.

I had originally planned to head for south Texas, but events scuttled those plans, and now I'm glad I'm not sweating the forecast.

If the eclipse gets clouded out, but you play some good new courses, at least you got in what would have been a good vacation. As opposed to those who are spending thousands of dollars and traveling just to see the eclipse.
This. We've never been to Texas before so we decided to make a little trip out of it. I'm sure everywhere will be busy, including the DG courses. But even if the eclipse gets clouded out, at least I'll be taking a vacation and adding state #17 to my played list.

So far on this Texas trip, I competed in my 19th USWDGC and I have played 16 new courses. Still planning to bag a few more before leaving. Experiencing the eclipse on a new disc golf course with a view is an extra bonus!

It's that time of year again. Let's hear where you're heading in 2024. Any and all trips. Long trips, day trips, whatever. Let's hear it. This is always one of my favorite threads to peruse each year.

Personally, I'm thinking about heading down to Louisville KY in April to get away from the freezing nonsense up my way at that time of year. Looks to be some pretty solid courses down that way. Plus I've played less than 20 courses in IN and KY combined. May try to check out Holler in the Hills, even though I know it's a shell of it's former glory. I'd also be able to hit the top rated one in IN on that trip too, Prides Creek Park.

Then in May or June I'm thinking Portland OR and the surrounding area. Again, lots of good looking options out that way. I'd be able to add a couple states in OR and WA and just play some golf in a pretty awesome and new to me place. Should be able to hit course #1000 on this trip too.

Anyway, where are YOU going in 2024?
I went to the Louisville area last month and was pleasantly surprised by a couple courses in that area. The Active Heros DGC (open to public, call ahead and ask for Jenni Grant (tell her I sent you), need permission beforehand, donations are appreciated) and Bullitt County (B.C., is a decent course for the land that is used. You should be done in a 1/2 hour if that) both in in Shepherdsville, KY and the Blue Goose west of Frankfort, KY (Tell Stephan I sent you, private and must need approval. But it's a cool course and Stephan might make you a sign. Prides Creek is a good course, and if your in that area, please check out the Cupertino's course in St. Meinrad, IN. it's located on a active Monastery and the course is pretty cool to boot, they sell beer in the gift shop that the the local nuns brewed at their nearby convent in Ferdinand, which also has a course but not on the convents property.

resultados del tris

My purpose is to assist users like you by providing information and answering questions to the best of my ability. If you have any inquiries or need assistance with a topic, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to help!

Thanks bro, I was wondering if they are planning on alternating the pin position on hole 12 at North Park of Wood County this year or just keep it in the new (old) position? A[[reciate the assistance.

Latest posts