• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dreaded Anhyzer Hole

I would throw my gazelle with my crappy ass bh, probably need a long approach and then putt in.

Hard right anhyzer with the Monarch. Since I probably wouldn't deuce this I would focus on getting as much distance as possible to get clear of the woods on the right so I would have a straight shot to the hole on my upshot.

Baz, Kind of reminds me of Hole 1 from WN last week. I Monarch'd that second shot and ended up 15 ft from the pin. Remember that sweet overstable putt between the tree V?

I would throw my gazelle with my crappy ass bh, probably need a long approach and then putt in.

Wow, humility. I thought everyone was supposed to plan for a birdie or death? I'd say if you've actually got 20-30mph winds (which is an insane amount of wind to play in) it's a bad idea to tilt the wing of any disc up or down. Winds like that and you should play for a smart 3 everytime.

I have heard that you've got some crazy winds out there so I'm not doubting your truthfulness or anything.

Wow, humility. I thought everyone was supposed to plan for a birdie or death? I'd say if you've actually got 20-30mph winds (which is an insane amount of wind to play in) it's a bad idea to tilt the wing of any disc up or down. Winds like that and you should play for a smart 3 everytime.

I have heard that you've got some crazy winds out there so I'm not doubting your truthfulness or anything.

You beat me to it, I would play it safe and be happy with a 3 every time.

The thing about this hole is that the patch of trees to the left is right on the line you would throw park this basket. There really isn't a good line unless you can up and over it.

forehand it right through the gap with a champ boss. That think when thrown right will skip like no other. My favorite shot, boss skip.

Little or no wind - up and over with Beast.
Wind a factor - low and straight for 3.

Agree with the lay up into the middle of the fairway. #6 at Deer Lakes is like this, with an OB where the shule is in the original picture. I am pretty consistently terrible at that hole, even when I try to lay it up. I throw a Meteor backhand on that hole. If I had a stronger, longer forehand, I'd use that instead.

Baz, Kind of reminds me of Hole 1 from WN last week. I Monarch'd that second shot and ended up 15 ft from the pin. Remember that sweet overstable putt between the tree V?

Yeah I remember it - sweeeeet :)

Back to topic: I usually go through the gap and shoot for par. Those of you who have played with me know I don't have the arm to drive the hole even in dead calm.

Although I *have* parked this one in the short :D

Last edited:
Backhand roller with a 160 champ sidewinder or a thumber over the trees. If the wind is pushing left, just give it a little extra angle so that it will still go right on the finish.

I'd be working the low flick for the skip as well.

I remember this hole! I got a bird here infront of a small group that let me play through. There was no wind, I brought it hard and got some tree love at the bend of the fairway and was left with a 15 footer that stayed in. It was a very fun course. Full of many noodle scratching holes similar to this. I used a roadrunner high to low RHBH.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, and I was embarrassed to not have a forehand and lucky through the tunnel. Full disclousure.

Backhand roller with a 160 champ sidewinder or a thumber over the trees. If the wind is pushing left, just give it a little extra angle so that it will still go right on the finish.

I wondered if anyone was going to say roller. The wind could really make it interesting, though.

I was thinking the same thing. Unless you've got an exact tailwind rollers are even more dangerous than usual (in a wind).

Massive Forehand spike hyzer for me. Probably with a flick

that would be over the left tree.

Or low flick for a skip around the corner.

Or depending on the height a thumber over the top

Latest posts