• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Fluid

Yeah I basically converted all gstar stuff minus a few must have triology fluid options.

Reason being the fluid is often too slick for winter play. Pliable and soft. Usually more os than other runs but it just doesn't have the tack of gstar.

I don't know if they really want to focus on normal weather plastic or not. But really for a company based in northern Europe you would think they would get that run of plastic right for the locals.

I think the disc I would most like to have in fluid/frost is the mace.

ya... that makes a lot of sense..

OK, they should NOT have marketed this stuff as a winter plastic. I totally agree with your sentiments on it being too slick for winter (is why I mentioned "better grip when dry.") Its awful when wet. Worse than most premiums.

This stuff is a summer plastic. It doesnt get unreasonably gummy in the heat. It picks up tackiness though.

Maybe if they came out with the exact same blend in the summer and called it Molten/Fire/something Finnish?

Can anyone comment on how the verdict flys in fluid vs lucid plastic?
I have a lucid that beat to straight/flippy pretty quickly. I need a headwind mid. Thinking maybe another verdict.

I think they discontinued Fluid in general.

I feel like you got a weird Verdict, they aren't a "true OS" mid like a Gator or something but they shouldn't be flippy. A Buzzz OS is perhaps what you want to test out also. My small experience with them is that they are true OS like a Zone but with the speed of a Verdict. Definitely shorter and beefier than a Verdict but faster than the Zone, kind of like a hybrid of both. My experience with the Verdict is that they will drift in 10MPH wind but not get crazy, and past that I step up to an OS fairway. If you want true all out headwind stability then Buzzz OS or the like is going to be more trustworthy, but power hungry.

A Verdict on a hard thrown anhyzer for me will hold it and just flex to flat while drifting. It's clearly not super OS. A Buzzz OS will just not care about the starting angle I put on it, relatively, much more stability.

Last edited:
^Can't edit above. Check out this video, I have a similar power to Josh, the advanced thrower in the video, and feel his assessment and comparison to the Verdict is what I would say as well. Verdict to me is 5/5/-0/2 and Buzzz OS in my small experience is 5/3/+0.5/3. Again I have thrown several Verdicts but only one Buzzz OS.

I realize this is a Fluid thread, but Fluid is dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKrsekn2UHE

Last edited:
I too was on the hunt for a long time for a beefy Verdict. The first one I had was a max weight white opaque Verdict and it handled FH shots like a dream. Every Verdict I had after that did not live up to my expectations. They are great backhand throwers but unreliable for FHs in any kind of wind. With good clean form I can make them work but that's not what I wanted. I wanted something I could get over on a little and flex it like my first Verdict. I eventually gave up when the Gila came out because it's exactly what I wanted the Verdict to be but wasn't. The Buzzz OS is also a reasonable option but there was just something about it that never clicked with me and I don't get a great clean FH release. The Amber Gila is the answer to all my problems.

LOL, I was thinking fuzion verdict. So much for this thread.
I did throw a friends fuzion, it was a lot more OS than mine, but like you say, I may have gotten a weird one.

Hmm, How does the buzz OS compare to a gator? I'm pretty happy with my roc3s and/or my pine for the stable/os spot, its more the headwind/OS spot Im thinking about.

How stable is that amber gila?

I haven't thrown a Gator in a while, I feel they are more bulky and slower in feel and flight than the Buzzz OS. Whether that is good or bad depends, as faster discs will skip more and that isn't necessarily what you want on approaches. I would really have to throw them back to back and compare how easily they come out of flex shots or handle heavy winds to say which is more OS or more workable. They are definitely in the same ballpark though and way more OS than the Verdict.

The one max weight decodye fuzion Verdict I have is the closest to my original opaque white Lucid Verdict. I've still never been able to replicate it. You didn't get a freak. Most Lucid Verdicts just aren't that HSS when it comes down to it.

Yeah, I throw glow Gators from the factory store in the blunt nose config. They are glideless tanks. Very useful glideless thanks. The Buzzz OS is similar in LSS with a tick less HSS than a Gator but it's much faster than a Gator and I feel it has significantly more raw distance potential. The Buzzz OS is really like a very beefy Verdict. The Amber Gila is very similar to a Buzzz OS and maybe a tick faster. I describe the Gila as a shorter somewhat worn Firebird. I bag both a glow Gator and an Amber Gila. I like to flick approach shots in the woods a lot. Nothing flexes like my glow Gator but when I need that extra zip and maybe a skipping finish or the shot is simply too long to comfortably get the Gator there, the Gila comes out. I find that range is right around 230 feet. The Gila gives me that little extra reach out to 260 or so. Is there overlap? Yes, a lot. Do I enjoy bagging both? Absolutely. I'd feel naked without either in the bag. The Gila essentially took over my Verdict slot. The Verdict is still my favorite BH OS mid though and..... I'd kill to have a Fluid Verdict. Dang...

I've thrown two Bio and now one brand new prime Verdict(s). I also had one Z Buzzz OS for awhile, and I've had a few Gators. I would agree with the above. A Verdict is my favorite backhand mid. I've occasionally thrown one almost as far as I've ever thrown FW drivers. (350'ish) The Buzzz OS I had was an entirely different animal. It did not hold straight for very long at all on my backhand before it started fading. I think I could throw a Gator as far or further. And on top of that, I really like Gators for forehands and thumbers. The Buzzz OS wasn't nearly as good at either for me.

Take this with the grain of salt that I've never fully beaten in a Verdict. I gave away the first one when I picked up a Buzzz OS because I didn't like Truths at the time and wanted to commit to the Buzzz line, and I've only very recently gone back to the Verdict with the introduction of the eMac Truth.

I just tried putting my roc3s back in the bag, I'm liking them a lot. They are more stable than my pine and not quite as long, but I still need something between my rhyno and the roc3s. Like a roc3 for the wind.

So I'm thinking a gator, a Gila, or maybe a star rancho roc. I haven't thrown a roc, but I wonder if it would pair better with my roc3s by feeling similar in the hand?

Your Gila/gator set up sounds like it works well for you, but I think I want to start with just one in that slot and see where I get, I feel like I'm overcrowding things a bit already

I've been hearing a LOT of good things about the Quake in that slot for guys that don't want to throw a beaded Gator. Do you want to be able to flick it as well as BH it? If so the Ranco Roc could be tough.

A Gila will be the fastest of those. The Gator sits in between your Roc3 and Ryhno in terms of speed. The Quake would be beadless and be like a beefcake Verdict. I hear it's similar to a Buzzz OS but different.

Of all of those, I have the most experience with the flat topped glow gators from the factory store and that is what I would recommend if you only have one OS mid to sit between Ryhno and Roc3. And that's assuming you want to flick and BH it both. If not the Star Rancho could be a good option or the Taurus.

There are some f2 glow champ gators I've been eying up. I'm 95% back hand, I still have ideas of improving my FH, but haven't really made the time yet.

Well the Gila is awesome. That's a fact. I'd get on it if I were you. The blue Amber x-outs on the RDG site are great. I've got one and it turned out to be my favorite one of all. Just a few small bubbles in the rim no biggie. All Amber Gilas will be flat and $$$. If you're looking for an OS Roc3 to fight wind and get around corners, this is it.

Those F2 glow gators are nice too. I can't believe they sold all the regular glow ones already. Those things were in stock forever. Somebody must have gone on there and hoarded them all. If you go with a Gator, just make sure it's flat. Call and ask if you can.

So much for this thread being about Fluid...

I was reading the factory store reviews on the F2 glow gators. Sounds like they are the domey ones. Yuck.

These are the ones you want:

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/champion-glow-gator.html

They are out of stock. Sign up for price alert. I have a hard time seeing them not running those again but who knows....

You've convinced me, I'm in for a Gila! And a scale and serpent while I'm at it.

Good call. You're going to like all three of those molds. Each one will require some break-in time to get them where you want them but that's a good thing and it won't take too long. My fossil Serpent is turning into a thing of beauty. There's really nothing else quite like it.

The Scale will start out like an OS Wizard and just get better over time. It keeps its HSS for ages while the fade starts to mellow somewhat.The Serp will start off with Rhynoish HSS and less fade and as it wears in it just becomes dead nuts straight. The Serp has a very unique blend of having stout HSS while at the same time not having much fade. Both do not have much glide but once you get used to it you will really appreciate how easy they are to range. They go as far as you throw them which is confidence inspiring when you want to run it but not blow so far passed that you have a 30-40 foot comebacker.

Since DD is discontinuing the Fluid, this thread has now been hijacked by RDG. I love it.

Latest posts