• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The groove bit the bullet......almost?

B3NDER

Bending Rodriguez
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So a good amount of folks around here know ol' B3NDER had a trip to the firing range planned, and with me I brought 4 of most people's FAVORITE discs ever molded.....Innova's Champion Groove!

For this plan I had set in motion, the ingredients I would need were quite simple: A Handgun, ammunition and discs to destroy: (See exhibit A)

Exhibit A
P4050526.jpg

Let me be the first (I believe) to tell you folks, that if the Military or police force doesn't have stock in Innova, NOW is the time to act!

What you are about to see is the result of 200 rounds of Winchester/Federal 9mm Luger passing into, and barely out of (exhibit C) apparently some of the strongest plastic around!

Exhibit B​
P4240583.jpg
P4240580.jpg
P4240577.jpg
P4240576.jpg

Now my initial plan was to record the slaughterfest, but wouldn't you know my digital camera wanted to act up, so all I got was still shots for now.

The plus side, is that I have some hollowpoint 9mm luger ammunition on its way to me, that will turn these discs into swiss cheese, and by then I will have a much better working camera.

Also, as a bonus, I'll be borrowing a buddies 357 magnum which is guaranteed to make things interesting!

To recap, if you ever break down in a less-than-key area/neighborhood, strap on some innova in case the things start getting ugly!

Stay tuned folks!​

That's awesome! I wanna take out my .45 and .762 on a Groove.

If you do, PLEASE get pics or footage. I'm guessing that a 9mm was JUST under the power needed to split those up good. That's why I said hollowpoints would turn those into mush. .45 caliber would put those in the dirt, QUICK. Do you own an AK or an SKS?

Yeah, .45's would make it interesting. :D

:hfive: I'm waiting to see what the .357 does!

The HP rounds should do less than your standard copper jacket rounds. Use 00 buck to have some real fun, I used to play baseball with a shotgun LOL and it's tons of fun.

why all the groove hate?? I still have a champ groove, got 3 aces on it. I was carrying it until I got into Legacy Discs. I do stil throw it sometimes, makes a good roller disc!!

The HP rounds should do less than your standard copper jacket rounds. Use 00 buck to have some real fun, I used to play baseball with a shotgun LOL and it's tons of fun.

Those hollow point's would blow those discs apart....that's what they are made to do is expand, correct?

why all the groove hate?? I still have a champ groove, got 3 aces on it. I was carrying it until I got into Legacy Discs. I do stil throw it sometimes, makes a good roller disc!!

They make even better targets ;)

you need to let innova know about your "destructive" tests. They could use it for marketing. damn thing probably flies better now!!:p

Those hollow point's would blow those discs apart....that's what they are made to do is expand, correct?

They make even better targets ;)

Should but penetration followed by resistance causes the expansion of the round. Looking at how much damage was done by the copper jacket rounds leaves me to believe that the HP will do less but cause a larger pattern of impact.

If you have a shotgun get some birdshot and cut the round down to the core but not quite all the way around. This will cause the front of the shell and the shot to all come out at once and leave a massive hole worth bragging about. Ill post some pics when I am home on how to do this. Trust me.....this is the coolest way to blow something up.

LOL, yeah, time to get a bigger gun!