• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Aren't those Combine events supposed to be Discmania's way of targeting players in the US for sponsorship? I think if they're looking for young up-and-coming talent, they'd be as well off to find their own through the combine events than poaching from other teams, even a team within the "family".

I believe no state parks in Ohio allow the exchange of money for goods (without a special permit). Most local government parks follow the same rule. Those local businesses also cannot sell inside the parks. Level playing field.

A vendor can buy a Vendors License that is good in any Ohio county. That allows that vendor to sell goods in that county and requires them to collect and remit sales tax on any taxable goods sold.

There is no "kinda" monopoly, you just gotta play by the rules.

Exactly. A disc company pulled this crap and it put a black eye on disc golf in my area for a while. The city wouldn't allow tourneys for months, making money on public property is a big no no.

Aren't those Combine events supposed to be Discmania's way of targeting players in the US for sponsorship? I think if they're looking for young up-and-coming talent, they'd be as well off to find their own through the combine events than poaching from other teams, even a team within the "family".

DM picked up Dylan Lhotak through this avenue. Dylan is a local kid that has been playing with IMac and Gavin for years now. He has legit 500 ft power and is poised for a big 2017.

Let's keep this thread focused on pro's changing teams.

Any big changes other than the following:???

Paige : DD (left Prodigy)
Jeremy K : Innova (left Prodigy)

If we must.. but then it starts to go milk-toast pretty quickly:(

Another 'loss' from Prodigy is Brady Hanna going to Discraft - more of a self promoter than anything with his Deuce Squad stuff - makes sense as Discraft will also very likely sell him $50 stamp fees and print up more plastic to sling on facebook

Also - Eric Oakley going from Discmania over to DD.

If there were POWER RANKINGS - Innova ^^^ and DD ^^ / Prodigy vvvv

<ahem>
Milquetoast...one with a weak, timid nature.
Milk toast...a breakfast food of toast served with milk, sugar, and butter.

You may now resume your regular conversation.

People need to read every thread, damn it! How else are they going to keep up with all the DGCR inside jokes?

Wait what else it there besides the American Disc Golf Tour thread?