• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Who, if anyone, will be sponsoring Nikko at the end of the 2017 season?

Nikko will be sponsoring Nikko. It's the only way. Flylife/Daredevil is all he needs. I just hope to see more big wins out of the guy. If you look into his career outside of tournament play, he does SO much for the sport. From promotion and clinics like most pros, to course design, tournament planning and directing, to being the founder of a couple companies.

First, what I typed into my phone to make it say beer and not more is a mystery to me. Not that beer courses wouldn't be bad. The four closest courses to me all have no drinking signs and I've seen people's beer get poured out at all of them.

Second and related to the discraft plastic, does MJ make you ban a ti banger? I've never really thrown a banger, just a used one I tried at putting for a round. But the things he does with it makes me want one. Would probably cost way to much to get one.

I don't use a Banger. I use a Challenger (Jawbreaker plastic), a Hornet (Z plastic) and a Doss Buzzz (Ti plastic). I'll admit I tried the Buzzz after watching Nate Doss use it at DeLaveaga, but I was not swayed by any pros in using the Challenger and/or Hornet.

Nikko will be sponsoring Nikko. It's the only way. Flylife/Daredevil is all he needs. I just hope to see more big wins out of the guy. If you look into his career outside of tournament play, he does SO much for the sport. From promotion and clinics like most pros, to course design, tournament planning and directing, to being the founder of a couple companies.

Agreed. Nikko does a lot for the sport. IMHO, this is a big reason why they don't come down nearly as hard on him for his outbursts as they do (certain) others.

Don't they have Anthony Barella (MiniBeast) and a bunch of other young prospects? Plus you can kinda throw Eagle McMahon in there since he still throws the Max (although Discmania typically throws all Discmania, I know Simon dropped the Firebird and then they made the FD3 to basically fill that slot).

IMO, the only huge move this offseason will be PP; just a hunch, but with all the moves last year, it kinda feels like most everyone is gonna be happy to stay put this year

I think Eagle McMahon will be the next big star. Still young, but showed flashes of brilliance in the big tournys this year. Look for some major wins from him next year.

Innova also has Kona Panis on the female side. She too is young, but is improving fast, and is great on camera...a real salesperson / spokesperson.

I think Eagle McMahon will be the next big star. Still young, but showed flashes of brilliance in the big tournys this year. Look for some major wins from him next year.

Innova also has Kona Panis on the female side. She too is young, but is improving fast, and is great on camera...a real salesperson / spokesperson.

Eagle is without a doubt the best player under the age of 21. If I were handicapping next season's results, I would project him as the 3rd best player. Not sure he qualifies as a prospect or an up and comer, though. He has already arrived. As far as players that did not tour last year, that have a chance to make a name for themselves, I think Izak McDonald tops the list; the kid is the real deal. Gavin Rathbun is a bit more of a raw talent, but he is another player with a tremendous amount of upside. Both of those guys are Innova sponsored, as was mentioned.

As far as the women's side goes, Alexis Mandujano is hands down the top Innova prospect, with her and her sister, Valerie, being the top two overall (Val is Lat64 sponsored.)

Eagle is without a doubt the best player under the age of 21. If I were handicapping next season's results, I would project him as the 3rd best player...

That's a bold statement! Wysocki and McBeth are 1 and 2, no doubt. But there are a lot of good players after that. Interested to see how Simon's knee rehabs...

forgive me if this has been mentioned before but PP seems to be dumping all of her prodigy on the facebook threads...

How many people are on those threads. Is there gossip out the I could be following... not sure it's worth booting up Facebook for..

Highly doubt Jerm will leave. After USDGC, Prodigy will pay to keep him. If anything, he'd prolly go Trilogy to stick with his buddy Paige. Not to mention the fact that Dynamic/Lat seem to take the best care of their players.

Highly doubt Jerm will leave. After USDGC, Prodigy will pay to keep him. If anything, he'd prolly go Trilogy to stick with his buddy Paige. Not to mention the fact that Dynamic/Lat seem to take the best care of their players.

So it's a "fact" that Dynamic/Lat "seem" to take the best care of their players?

Yea, I don't know about that. It's a business decision, so it's going to be whoever offers him the most money. Plus, it's not like Jerm would start living in Paige and Madison's RV is he were to sign, so he wouldn't be spending any more time with her.

Nobody get's taken care of like Innova takes care of McBeth, and I would say that Sexton and Val get as much support as anyone else. This coming from an outsider prospective, obviously. Sure, maybe Trilogy offers a higher level of support for their non-elite team members, but if I'm Jerm, I got my eye on that top prize. He wants to be Forehand-McBeth. Show me the money!

Lat gets all that Team Trilogy money from their "sponsored" players then gives it right back to their actual sponsored players.

Lat gets all that Team Trilogy money from their "sponsored" players then gives it right back to their actual sponsored players.

Well since you have to buy your way onto "Team Trilogy" there is a certain amount of truth to this.

Nobody get's taken care of like Innova takes care of McBeth, and I would say that Sexton and Val get as much support as anyone else. This coming from an outsider prospective, obviously. Sure, maybe Trilogy offers a higher level of support for their non-elite team members, but if I'm Jerm, I got my eye on that top prize. He wants to be Forehand-McBeth. Show me the money!

Time for the "Big Sexy Beast Tour" next season... Jerm and Sexton could bunk in his half of the rig and discuss forehand shots/disc choice every night.