• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Gotcha, I read but was kinda blurry on whether he was welcome back to the team after his 18 months was up.

Yeah, I'm not even sure that would be the case, honestly. It's a long time and a lot can happen, so I interpret it as the door being open but nothing guaranteed. As it stands, he's not on the team.

Are you all delicately avoiding the conspiracy theory that Bradley was brought onto the team as an enforcer, and went after Matt for jumping ship?

:popcorn:

I personally think it would be a rather fickle move if any company were to completely disassociate with someone in Bradley's circumstances. I think they've done a great job of managing it

I think anything more harsh would border on morality policing, which isn't something business owners should be participating in IMHO.

Have you ever hired anyone?

Talk about a crock of ****. People lose employement or team spots all the time for doing dumb stuff. Bradley continues to be an idiot.
. Blah blah blah integrity, blah blah blah sportsmanship.

:hfive: #realworld

Last edited:
Have you ever hired anyone?

Talk about a crock of ****. People lose employement or team spots all the time for doing dumb stuff. Bradley continues to be an idiot.

:hfive: #realworld

Aim is correct Jamie. Sports franchises get rid of damaged players without a second thought. One can argue the morality of their choices, but not the fact.

IMO - Bradley has to earn any position he gets going forward. He has to show he has control over himself, good and bad times. There was much rude speculation about BW's relationship to behavior modification drugs. He might want to consider a real move in that direction.

Aim is correct Jamie. Sports franchises get rid of damaged players without a second thought. One can argue the morality of their choices, but not the fact.

IMO - Bradley has to earn any position he gets going forward. He has to show he has control over himself, good and bad times. There was much rude speculation about BW's relationship to behavior modification drugs. He might want to consider a real move in that direction.

The biggest question as a successfully run business is why...? I see zero benefit to sponsoring a player like him outside of a little publicity which shouldn't be a desired convo... Why does he get a sweetheart deal for being an ass? I had no idea innova was a charity org.

The biggest question as a successfully run business is why...? I see zero benefit to sponsoring a player like him outside of a little publicity which shouldn't be a desired convo... Why does he get a sweetheart deal for being an ass? I had no idea innova was a charity org.

Exactly. Didn't Innova cut Patrick Brown last year for far, far less bad behavior?

I see your point about sports teams easily moving on from troubled players - Michael Floyd and the Arizona Cardinals this week, for example - but how is the Williams situation a sweetheart deal? He's not sponsored, but they might send him a Frisbee or two if he needs it because they are being friendly. It's not like they are paying his non-sanctioned tourney fees for 18 months.

I see your point about sports teams easily moving on from troubled players - Michael Floyd and the Arizona Cardinals this week, for example - but how is the Williams situation a sweetheart deal? He's not sponsored, but they might send him a Frisbee or two if he needs it because they are being friendly. It's not like they are paying his non-sanctioned tourney fees for 18 months.

It's not a sweetheart deal. But it gives him both credibility and leverage, even if you think it's small. Those things need to be earned, not maintained.

I applaud Innova for not turning their back on Bradley Williams. He has legitimate psychological issues he is working through. The people acting like kicking a basket or bumping into someone are offenses that should result in being exiled from a sport, need to get over themselves. Morality policing is exact what that is. These people were picked on in HS, and so they still carry a chip on their shoulder. They can't stand up for themselves IRL, so they condemn strangers who symbolize those that were jerks to them. Was Bradley in the wrong? Absolutely. Are butthurt loners over reacting? Uhh, yeah.

It's not a sweetheart deal. But it gives him both credibility and leverage, even if you think it's small. Those things need to be earned, not maintained.

I guess we'll agree to disagree here. Innova still holds the leverage here imo and could easily cut any ties if they wanted to. Instead, they are choosing to be supportive. I am not sure what credibility or leverage Bradley gains from the situation.

I applaud Innova for not turning their back on Bradley Williams. He has legitimate psychological issues he is working through. The people acting like kicking a basket or bumping into someone are offenses that should result in being exiled from a sport, need to get over themselves. Morality policing is exact what that is. These people were picked on in HS, and so they still carry a chip on their shoulder. They can't stand up for themselves IRL, so they condemn strangers who symbolize those that were jerks to them. Was Bradley in the wrong? Absolutely. Are butthurt loners over reacting? Uhh, yeah.

You need a smoke break?

Innova does not have a reputation for condoning bad behavior.
I'm not an insider, but that is my impression.
If, in this case, they have chosen to continue minor support during his probation, I'm going to deduce that they have a valid reason.
It's their $$ and their discs. They can do what they want for whatever reasons that they choose.
We may never know why BW is the exception, but that's their decision and their discs.
Personally, I wish BW and Innova the best - now and in the future.

I agree that Innova is taking a position of working with BW through his issues, rather than just letting him go and him ending up who-knows-where. World Chess Champion Bobby Fischer ended up on a street corner because he had no support system; Innova is at least working to provide a support system in some way.

I'm not saying BW should not pay the price for his actions; his suspension was IMHO well-justified. But if Innova wants to help a man save himself, let 'em do so...

Latest posts