• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Innova It

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Tried a few searches and came up goose eegs.

First saw this at DGC. Fairway driver 7 6 -2 1.

Got mine in the mail today, G-star, and it sports quite the dome. The rim is Leopardesque, almost feels like a mid.

Anyone throw one yet?

PS: feel free to prerube me if I missed something. Just looking for opinions.

There are a lot of fairways coming out of Sweden that look similar to this disc.

I think there was a thread about this somewhere already, not sure though. Anyways, I almost ordered one a bit ago. Decided against it. I'll wait to hear more about it before taking the plunge. The name and stamp? Don't really dig IT. The numbers look interesting. Leo like maybe.

Supposed to be a Leopard with wings to represent a glider Leopard. Clever huh wink wink nudge nudge.

I thought it was Chester Cheetah living life to the fullest. Or the Leopard mold floating on angel wings to heaven. Mostly had no clue but now I know kinda. Maybe.

I see it now. It's a cross between a leopard and an archangel!

I picked up a DX one last week to try it out. I throw a range of old Sidewinders that get hard to replace so I was hoping for something similar right out of the box.
I only got about a dozen throws in before I OAT'd it into a lake. HOWEVER, I like it a lot and getting a Gstar one soon. It really flips up quickly but then seems to flip over slowly if at all and really holds whatever line it settles into. I threw a sloppy anny FH for fun with it and it panned out to at least 330 (300 is my max). For reference, I'm 50 years old with back problems, so this disc is making the bag.

Picture looks like a regular Leopard top and a convex bottom rim (new? 7 speed Roadrunner-like)

Some discussion in the New Innova Stuff thread for the IT which kicked off after the PDGA approval announcement.

I think this will be a legit 7 speed even though the Leo3 shares that speed rating and the same turn/fade (1 less glide). Innova probably wanted a 7 speed premium plastic disc that would turn off the shelf and have high glide. Champ/Star Leopards have higher glide than Leo3s but are 6 speed and take a bit of power/seasoning to get turning usually.

Waiting till the local stores get these in (hopefully some of the Protostar stamp ones) so I can feel up the profile. I have a number of Leopards/JLS/RR but would like something that turns a bit quicker with lower power.

The name seems like one of their April Fool's jokes.
But conceptually, I can see this being a great mold for the masses (myself included).

But I have to agree with 3P - the name makes you want to stay away.

Not a fan of the winged leopard stamp, but I get it. I can always wipe the stamp and name if I like the mold. :\

Last edited:
Under "flight path" on Innova's website it shows a flight with more turn than a Leo3 yet is left [more overstable] of said L3, while having the same -2/1 turn and fade.

Wat do.

I thought it was Chester Cheetah living life to the fullest. Or the Leopard mold floating on angel wings to heaven. Mostly had no clue but now I know kinda. Maybe.

E4ETWcA.gif

Last edited:
Got to throw mine today, 163 G-Star. I had a 163 Gold River and a 159 Opto Diamond in the bag as well, and this disc fit right between them.

It required a hyzer release for me, and not too much steam. Innova advertised it as a great options for tunnel shots, and I used it in that role and it excelled. Gentle hyper flip and it glides like crazy.

Felt very comfortable in the hand. My first couple throws were flat and it bails pretty quickly, so I could see rolling these pretty easily as well.

Fun disc.

Got to throw mine today, 163 G-Star. I had a 163 Gold River and a 159 Opto Diamond in the bag as well, and this disc fit right between them.

It required a hyzer release for me, and not too much steam. Innova advertised it as a great options for tunnel shots, and I used it in that role and it excelled. Gentle hyper flip and it glides like crazy.

Felt very comfortable in the hand. My first couple throws were flat and it bails pretty quickly, so I could see rolling these pretty easily as well.

Fun disc.

I swear I'm not trying to clog up this thread.

I (years ago) paired a max weight River with a...155-160ish? Diamond because they felt the same in hand. Do you feel the need to have a disc between the two both distance and stability wise in your bag?

Latest posts