• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Most Scenic Hole 1 in Disc Golf

Olorin

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
What is your opinion on the most beautiful/scenic hole 1 in disc golf?

My vote goes to the old hole 1 at Sugaree in Newland NC. It is was a par 4 that is now split into 1 + 1A.

Close runner up: hole 1 at Lake Marshall Lair in Montross, VA

#1 at Maple Hill is very nice with the Christmas tree forest and pond.

But I'll throw this one into the mix as well to be different. Hole #1 Tee
Pretty easy hole, but very beautiful and does get exponentially scarier if you fade off the fairway (it slopes downhill in both directions).
(PS - Tee pad is now concrete)

My vote goes to the old hole 1 at Sugaree in Newland NC. It is was a par 4 that is now split into 1 + 1A.

Close runner up: hole 1 at Lake Marshall Lair in Montross, VA
I'll elevated Lake Marshall Lair. Par 4 tunnel drive heavy woods with canopy. Fairway rises on an upslope above lake on the other side of trees left side, a short dogleg right, breaks left down drop to roller green into lake. Beautiful hole.

Last edited:
IMG_20220113_114805948_HDR.jpgIMG_20230118_131207834_HDR(1).jpg
First pic is looking back at what will eventually be Hole 1 on the Lightning course at Dark Hollow outside Christiansburg VA. I am working on that with Jim Conrad (James' Dad). Second pic is looking down on the same area from way up on Hole 9 of the Thunder course. Lightning should go in over this coming winter. Whole place is gorgeous.

I'll elevated Lake Marshall Lair. Par 4 tunnel drive heavy woods with canopy. Fairway rises on an upslope above lake on the other side of trees left side, a short dogleg right, breaks left down drop to roller green into lake. Beautiful hole.
I prefer this hole #1 myself at Hawk Hollow over the Lair. Top of the world shot, with plenty of room to make mistakes. Bombers get punished by the creek behind the pin.

Beautiful view of the property. Special place.
97731-d057a889.jpg

View attachment 314500
Just put the baskets in this week- Hole 1's pin at a private course in Virginia that won't wind up being open to the public. Sure is purty though.
That view is in the Top 5 most scenic vistas of the 190+ Virginia courses that I've played!
But Biscoe you're teasing us by letting us know that such a gorgeous holes exists but we can't play it!

#1 at Maple Hill is very nice with the Christmas tree forest and pond.

But I'll throw this one into the mix as well to be different. Hole #1 Tee
Pretty easy hole, but very beautiful and does get exponentially scarier if you fade off the fairway (it slopes downhill in both directions).
(PS - Tee pad is now concrete)
I'm really sad I didn't play this course before I moved away from Seattle. :(

I prefer this hole #1 myself at Hawk Hollow over the Lair. Top of the world shot, with plenty of room to make mistakes. Bombers get punished by the creek behind the pin.

Beautiful view of the property. Special place.
97731-d057a889.jpg
I have Hawk Hollow #1 chosen under the thread "Great 1st Holes" that Olorin also started. Wanted a different 1st hole for this thread.

white cedar at mont du lac

downhill bomber thats about 700 feet

ed02e6f23137e2c8874c0bfb76258070_m_IMG_6985.jpg

(stolen from udisc from laramiecarlson who used to post on here)

Mmmm.. yes one of the best courses / views in Wisco. I'm surprised nobodies posted any pics from Highbridge yet.

Fox Run. So beautiful (courtesy of Discette)

Attachments

• IMG_3692.jpeg
    IMG_3692.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1