• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

While I do have a couple Pro Rocs, I really like the grip of DX Plastic. I think I'll be getting a Roc and an Rocx3 for that extra beef.

How much does weight impact the flight of a DX Roc? I want a DX to hold stability for as long as possible, so I figure I want 180g max weight, but I'm having trouble finding any over 177g at my usual stores.

Pretty sad at losing my 2 favorite Rocs over the past month.

At what stability do you want it to hold? New/fresh out the box, or just not flippy?

Lightest weight DX Roc I bag is 175g, and it went through the cycle more or less the same as max weight ones. Have managed to keep it for 5 years. If anything it held stability longer than the newer soft embossed DX.

Seems if you like DX Rocs you gotta plan to cycle them and have something like a KC or Champ as the upper bookend.

EDIT: didn't see your post above. Haven't thrown a DX RX3 so interested to see how that works out for you.

Last edited:
I want that fresh flight I'm able to get where it glides straight 300' but has substantial left-finishing fade to hook up around obstacles, especially with some height. I love the worn in straight flight too, and plan on bagging multiples. I'll report back on the Rocx3 comparison some day.

I want that fresh flight I'm able to get where it glides straight 300' but has substantial left-finishing fade to hook up around obstacles, especially with some height. I love the worn in straight flight too, and plan on bagging multiples. I'll report back on the Rocx3 comparison some day.

A USDGC champ Rancho roc is probably your best bet, but not the most readily available or most cost effective option. A Z wasp could also work if you want to mix brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A USDGC champ Rancho roc is probably your best bet, but not the most readily available or most cost effective option. A Z wasp could also work if you want to mix brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get the F2 or thrower USDGC's they aren't too pricey. And even USDGC's vary in stability from run to run. I've got too many of one was interested.

:|

Is there a translation available for this? I have no idea what you mean. :confused:

The Method is a new mid from Discmania.

I'm guessing it's a straight to fade kind of disc, like a fresh Champ Teebird?

Yeah. My bad. That was a terrible post. DanJon is right on the money. It's my Baby Champ TeeBird. I'll try to elaborate a little.

For me (typically throwing mids when I need 250-300), the RocX3 had less glide than a Roc3. As a result, the extra LSS it provided was more dumpy than I hoped. And I felt like I really had to crank on it to get it out as far as a Champ Roc3.

The Method is what I was hoping the RocX3 would be. I don't have to ever worry about turning it over, it's beefy without sacrificing glide, and it finishes more like a hyzer-flipped TeeBird.

I think the clearest way I can put it is that for me, the RocX3 wants to get to the ground quickly when LSS kicks in, the Method wants to glide left.

I promise I'm done talking about the Method here.

So let's get back to fawning over how awesome this recent run of DX Rocs is. Slight dome without a pop-top. That slightly soft feel that you can dig into, but still with a firm rim. It's amazing to go DX Roc hunting at GGGT and find too many discs. :)

I recently picked up a DX Roc3 to have as a backup to my old Glo DX Rocs.

It is surprisingly stiff for DX.

Is this the norm?

I recently picked up a DX Roc3 to have as a backup to my old Glo DX Rocs.

It is surprisingly stiff for DX.

Is this the norm?

About a year ago, maybe a little longer, some really stiff DX Rocs were on the shelves. I bought a nice stack of them. Last month I checked out some Rocs at a local store; it wasn't the same feeling DX. I'd say it isn't the norm, similar to how the flat and pearly Champ Firebirds of last year are not the norm.

Went to my secret pusher out of Germany :D He also provided me with a stash of p-line Freak PD's (the best version, don't @ me).

Dang!! The old DX Glo's are awesome. Some of them have stiff rims and a pop top and are beefy for DX. Great feeling old baseline plastic. I love the clean look of the old swoosh stamp, especially when it's centered.

What plastic are these? I have one of these with a wiped stamp. It feels like KC, and it's really the perfect roc. Shapeable, but not flippy. Slight dome but not pop-top. Firm, but grippy. I think I'll put it back in the bag now, thanks!

Latest posts