• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

the factory seconds of the champ (usdgc) rancho rocs are up on DGU.

I kind of wish I knew that there was a release of F2 champ rancho rocs before buying actual USGC Rancho rocs and using them as throwers.

I picked up a few of the color glow rancho rocs. If they have the feel of the sexton firebirds, they will make great throwers. There are still quite a few left, I'm a bit surprised there isn't more interest.

Thanks for the heads up. I'd been trying to keep an eye out. Just bought two f2s. Very nice price for throwers. ��

I picked up a couple color glows as well. I'm actually really looking forward to these, especially if they end up being similar to the Sexton Firebirds. A slightly softer champy-star blend with good grip that looks super nice and glows: count me in. I'll report back on how it flies when it gets here: no wall hangers for me.

Got my F2 Color Glow USDGC Rocs in the mail yesterday, and they are really nice! Swirly, champy-star plastic, a little better grip than regular champ. Nice, small domes, not "drummer" Rocs, but not flat like a Roc3 either. I got out for a round with one of them today at the local 9 hole pitch 'n putt (holes between 160 and 270). I really like these a lot! Stability is maybe just a tick more than a fresh DX Rancho, maybe close to one of the more stable KC Pros. Pretty decent glide, maybe a hair less than a DX. I think one of these is headed into my bag!

Got my F2 Color Glow USDGC Rocs in the mail yesterday, and they are really nice! Swirly, champy-star plastic, a little better grip than regular champ. Nice, small domes, not "drummer" Rocs, but not flat like a Roc3 either. I got out for a round with one of them today at the local 9 hole pitch 'n putt (holes between 160 and 270). I really like these a lot! Stability is maybe just a tick more than a fresh DX Rancho, maybe close to one of the more stable KC Pros. Pretty decent glide, maybe a hair less than a DX. I think one of these is headed into my bag!

Thanks for the review. The discs sound pretty good.

Thanks for the review. The discs sound pretty good.

Yep if you want a premium plastic Rancho Roc (that's not a [insert your brand's Roc clone here]), these are definitely "good" Rocs. Plastic is probably more similar in stiffness/softness to Star than to regular champ (just like the Sexton Glow Champ Firebirds if you've felt those). I'm a fan of these!

Question for anyone who might know: has Innova ever produced Rancho Rocs in Color Glow Champion plastic before this? Are these the first? I can't remember seeing any previously, but I haven't been throwing Rocs as long as many people on here.

I saw the 2016 USDGC Roc+ discs have been released on DGU. Does anyone know when the Rancho's will be released?

I spoke with a representative from DGU about this. Here is what he had to say:

"We have already done 3 releases of USDGC Rocs. They get released to USDGC Partners first and if they purchase all of them they never make it out to the general public. We are in the middle of the 3rd release right now and we are still fufilling orders."

Yep, your best bet for throwers is to buy the F2s that are currently available on DGU (search for Lucha). If you want to spend more for collectors, there might be some leftover after the "partners" buy them, but if you REALLY want them you could just become a partner next year. The partnership costs $50 (it's listed on DGU in the USDGC section) and you get first crack at the Rocs as well as some other benefits. Partnerships are all sold out for this year though.

"We have already done 3 releases of USDGC Rocs. They get released to USDGC Partners first and if they purchase all of them they never make it out to the general public. We are in the middle of the 3rd release right now and we are still fufilling orders."

Hmm, I'll just have to watch the DGU site. I've bought USDGC Rocs the past two years so I'm sure more will be released later this summer.

Yep, your best bet for throwers is to buy the F2s that are currently available on DGU (search for Lucha). If you want to spend more for collectors, there might be some leftover after the "partners" buy them, but if you REALLY want them you could just become a partner next year. The partnership costs $50 (it's listed on DGU in the USDGC section) and you get first crack at the Rocs as well as some other benefits. Partnerships are all sold out for this year though.

Thx. I will look at the F2's and think about partnership next year.

Got the chance to fondle some of the partner Rocs a couple days ago, and I'm regretting not buying one. They seen similar to last year's but with a little less dome. The glow just felt amazing.

Got the chance to fondle some of the partner Rocs a couple days ago, and I'm regretting not buying one. They seen similar to last year's but with a little less dome. The glow just felt amazing.

My F2 Champ Glows are really great! As you say, less dome than last year's (last year's are definitely drummer Rocs). There are 3 left and I'm really tempted to buy the rest of them...

they USDGC Rancho rocs just dropped!

for partners only for now :(

I'm so torn. I want to just buy a bunch of USDGC rancho seconds so I don't ever have to think about buying a premium/champ rancho throwers ever again.

But the reality is that I'll probably get antsy next year and end up buying again because plastic addiction is real.

I'm so torn. I want to just buy a bunch of USDGC rancho seconds so I don't ever have to think about buying a premium/champ rancho throwers ever again.

But the reality is that I'll probably get antsy next year and end up buying again because plastic addiction is real.

I've been buying two USDGC Rocs; one to collect and one to throw. I like seeing how the differ from year to year.

I picked up another new Roc; this one is a yellow 12X KC Pro. Max weight with a puddle top. I threw it all day. I threw it on holes I shouldn't have thrown it. I couldn't stop throwing it. It came out of my hand like a bullet. It was fantastic, just a great, great Roc. It rode every line I put it on with a predictable fade at the end.

The store I bought it at had one more; it was light but the rest of the disc felt the same in the hand. I should have bought it. :( I'm seriously debating the 4-hour round trip it would take me to get back to that store.

I picked up another new Roc; this one is a yellow 12X KC Pro. Max weight with a puddle top. I threw it all day. I threw it on holes I shouldn't have thrown it. I couldn't stop throwing it. It came out of my hand like a bullet. It was fantastic, just a great, great Roc. It rode every line I put it on with a predictable fade at the end.

The store I bought it at had one more; it was light but the rest of the disc felt the same in the hand. I should have bought it. :( I'm seriously debating the 4-hour round trip it would take me to get back to that store.

A few weeks ago I had read where you had described what was a "good roc". You were right. Now every time I'm in a shop and see one that meets that definition I buy it.

Last edited: