• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Thanks for all the feedback, think I am going to keep the sharks though. May end up switching to rocs one day if they don't do another run of xt sharks though.

Sounds good. But keep on the lookout for a cheap factory second Roc (or Roc3) or sale at the store, and if you find one... get it and try it out. You'll either like it, have it for a backup, or can sell it or give it away as a gift...

Anyone tried the Star Roc3 yet? I think about picking one up to eventually cycle them but I´m worried if they fly like the other Roc3´s

Anyone tried the Star Roc3 yet? I think about picking one up to eventually cycle them but I´m worried if they fly like the other Roc3´s

I have a Star Roc3 that's FAF and a couple of Factory Second Roc3s that are a bit domey. They fly like the McPro Roc3s and GStar Roc3s... straight with a predictable fade left, great for hyzer shots and skip shots where needed.

Problem is... the Star Roc3 is very soft, almost like GStar Roc3, and as I said, the F2 Roc3s are domey (and say *R on the underside, making me wonder if they're Rocs and not Roc3s). The very soft Star plastic is not to my liking; I infinitely prefer stiff plastic like older Star plastic and McPro plastic. That's the main reason the Star Roc3 is not the staple of my bag (the McPro is).

Problem is... the Star Roc3 is very soft, almost like GStar Roc3, and as I said, the F2 Roc3s are domey (and say *R on the underside, making me wonder if they're Rocs and not Roc3s).

You can tell rocs from roc3s by the tooling. IIRC rancho rocs have tooling that is offset and closer to the middle of the flightplate and roc3s have tooling that is much closer to the inner rim. I *might* have that backwards

You can tell rocs from roc3s by the tooling. IIRC rancho rocs have tooling that is offset and closer to the middle of the flightplate and roc3s have tooling that is much closer to the inner rim. I *might* have that backwards

Well, they all fly about the same, so I'm not worried about it. The worst thing to me is that soft Star plastic, almost GStar soft, and I infinitely prefer firm plastic. Until Mr. Dunipace gets over his obsession with GStar (and that might not happen until sales start falling), I guess we're stuck.

Just checked all my discs. All of them have tooling (raised lettering) near the edge and not near the center. That includes the McPro Roc3s and various Star and Star-X-Out discs.

Interestingly, the GStar Roc3s have no raised lettering on the underside at all.

Well, they all fly about the same, so I'm not worried about it. The worst thing to me is that soft Star plastic, almost GStar soft, and I infinitely prefer firm plastic. Until Mr. Dunipace gets over his obsession with GStar (and that might not happen until sales start falling), I guess we're stuck.

If gstar is selling well, it must mean that a lot of other people like them. He's probably a bit more into making money, than some made up plastic fetish.

How do the XT's compare to a fresh DX (mildly domed)? I have been throwing my old DX Rocs and might give them a shot again. Got some really nice 300' throws with them today. Not sure I need much more stable than fresh DX ( no woods here and discs break in slow).

Really like XT plastic so I am curious how they fare compared to the DX.

I have 2 Rocs in my bag: a KC Pro I got a year or so ago and a beat-in R-Pro that I got in 2010. I believe that was before all of the new Roc variations, cousins, and the Classic Roc re-release. Does anyone else know if a 2010 R-Pro Roc would be similar to a Classic Roc or some other kind of off-the-shelf Roc today?

In 2010 innova released the ROC+. The only ROCS in RPro are the Roc +.

Latest posts