• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Agreed, sorry to taint this thread. Really thought I had a Roc.

Its not tainted, We throw Roc3's too

06' Was a good year for the roc

Just having some fun heckling about Roc3s.

And yeah, '06 produced some serious bangers. I had been tinkering trying to find the most OS Roc3 back around 2013. Put a pre-release Japan Open stamp in the bag which was as OS as I'd found and was pretty happy. Then a buddy gave me an '06 champ and I never looked back.

Agreed, sorry to taint this thread. Really thought I had a Roc.
FWIW I got a glow Roc3 at a tournament in 2013 and the thing was beefy. Like really beefy; it was waaayyy too OS for me. It was the only Roc3 I had at the time so I thought they were all like that, but the ones I tried later were not anywhere as beefy as the glow one. I'm not sure if mine was a freak or if they were all meathooks like that, but...

I forget what my point was. :\

FWIW I got a glow Roc3 at a tournament in 2013 and the thing was beefy. Like really beefy; it was waaayyy too OS for me. It was the only Roc3 I had at the time so I thought they were all like that, but the ones I tried later were not anywhere as beefy as the glow one. I'm not sure if mine was a freak or if they were all meathooks like that, but...

I forget what my point was. :\

You were probably curious if mine is a freakish beefcake? I went and threw it this afternoon and it is not. Pretty nice flight, has a bit more wiggle than my KC Rocs so I might find a use for it

You were probably curious if mine is a freakish beefcake? I went and threw it this afternoon and it is not. Pretty nice flight, has a bit more wiggle than my KC Rocs so I might find a use for it
That's too bad; if yours was a freakish beefcake I could write them off as freakish beefcakes. Now I still have to entertain the possibility that the disc isn't a freakish beefcake and I just suck at disc golf.

I have a couple Star Rancho Rocs. They started out as "freakish beefcakes", but then after a month (almost all of a sudden) it flattened out to a straight thrower. It was kind of weird how one day they were fading hard and then flying completely different the next.

I kind of miss their beefcakeness...

Hmm, if my couple weeks old Star Rancho Roc was a freakish beefcake it would have turned left away from the river back towards the fairway, instead of flying straight forever over a levee and bike path and riverbank and apparently right into it never to be seen again :|

Whenever I have a favorite disc I promptly throw it into water somewhere :(

I have finally given the Roc a chance and I'm currently bagging two flat, low wing dx, two very small dome dx and a kc. I'm really enjoying all of them, even the flat ones. It's so much fun to release a Roc on a hyzer, have it flip up and fly super floaty laser lines. I'm starting to love this disc

I have finally given the Roc a chance and I'm currently bagging two flat, low wing dx, two very small dome dx and a kc. I'm really enjoying all of them, even the flat ones. It's so much fun to release a Roc on a hyzer, have it flip up and fly super floaty laser lines. I'm starting to love this disc

The flat ones are nice too, usually its just the really domey ones that people dont like. Might be sacrilegious to some but roc3's are nice too.

New to the Roc game, so I thought I'd ask the resident experts here. I bought a fresh max weight KC very recently and within a month it's already straight and overlaps with my comets. I'd really like to find a DX or KC roc has starts a little more stable. Is the think to look for a mild/low dome that's pretty stiff? My friend gave me a stiff flat DX that's almost too stable for what I'm looking for.

New to the Roc game, so I thought I'd ask the resident experts here. I bought a fresh max weight KC very recently and within a month it's already straight and overlaps with my comets. I'd really like to find a DX or KC roc has starts a little more stable. Is the think to look for a mild/low dome that's pretty stiff? My friend gave me a stiff flat DX that's almost too stable for what I'm looking for.

For DX Rocs, what I look for is a firm rim. It shouldn't flex easily when you try to twist the disc. IME if it is relatively softer, it will fly like a seasoned Roc right away.

Haven't bought a new KC in years, but I've never had one turn into anything close to a Comet within a month. You might have gotten an outlier.

For DX Rocs, what I look for is a firm rim. It shouldn't flex easily when you try to twist the disc. IME if it is relatively softer, it will fly like a seasoned Roc right away.

Haven't bought a new KC in years, but I've never had one turn into anything close to a Comet within a month. You might have gotten an outlier.
Yeah, I've never had a huge issue with KC Pro Rocs. DX Rocs you can get duds and have to be a little picky with, but I just pick up KC Pros whenever and they are always good. Sometimes they are great, but when they are not great they are still good.

I've never had one beat straight in a month, but...so you know that "carry multiples" thing? The OS Rocs are never, ever the ones getting most of the throws. They really only get thrown a few times a week. My Roc cycle predates KC Pro Rocs, so I've never used a fresh KC Pro as my "throw all the time" Roc. It occurs to me that I really don't know how fast one of those should beat in if it's you primary Roc.

I'd really like to find a DX or KC roc has starts a little more stable. Is the think to look for a mild/low dome that's pretty stiff?

It occurs to me that I really don't know how fast one of those should beat in if it's you primary Roc.

I am a longtime Roc thrower (I currently bag 4 KC's, a champ Roc and a Star Rancho Roc). I have primarily thrown KC Rocs in my time. Brand new (12x and newer), they can start fairly stable. Straightening out in a month isn't unreasonable - it would matter how much you're throwing that one disc. After 4-6 month of throwing consistently, it should straighten for sure. After a year of regular throwing it may start to flip.

I've had DX Rocs that maintain their stability way longer than any KC Roc, but I've also had brand new DX Rocs start straight to understable. Every disc is a snowflake.

Factory store has some San Marino DX Rocs. Never thrown a San Marino Roc…is it worth grabbing a handful ?

Depends on the blend of DX...

Haven't bought anything in DX for years, so if the recent stuff has felt good it is probably worth a shot...

Factory store has some San Marino DX Rocs. Never thrown a San Marino Roc…is it worth grabbing a handful ?
San Marino Rocs back in the day used to beat out the fade fairly early and then stayed basically straight for a looonnnggg time. A seasoned San Marino was just dreamy. Of course the plastic back then seemed stiffer and more durable, but I'd take a flyer on DX San Marinos if I was in the market for some Rocs.

I'd have to sell a lot of Rocs before I'd be in the market for some Rocs, but in theory I'd do it.

As Three Putt said, San Marinos are good straight flyers. I haven't liked the DX plastic that has been available recently but for $6 each it is worth a try.

My two month old KC Roc cracked in half. White and stiff 180 gram. I don't throw 500 either so I thought it was weird. Anyone else have this issue lately? I've only cracked older discs before, not basically new ones.

My two month old KC Roc cracked in half. White and stiff 180 gram. I don't throw 500 either so I thought it was weird. Anyone else have this issue lately? I've only cracked older discs before, not basically new ones.

That is super odd.
Got pictures of the corpse?
Wild guesses… It got roasting hot at some point. Some voids in bad spots in the rim inside of it.

Latest posts