• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

I took one of mine out for a round last night. First throw of the night landed 15' from the basket on a ~240' hole that requires a hyzer to get around a basket protected by a large tree. Missed the putt & took a 3. :doh:

I'm easily swayed. Ordered 3, shame the long awaited rain is finally here so may be a bit till I test 'em out.

I would have been more tempted to grab a couple if they all weren't that yucky blurple color.

I bought 3 of them and fell in love on the first throw. The flight is what I remember from the rocs that made me throw them in the first place. I ordered 5 more after that first round with them and hopefully will be set for a long time.

Ugh I smacked a tree and the plastic is taco city. Not as resistant as straight DX. These may not be long term Rocs.

Ugh I smacked a tree and the plastic is taco city. Not as resistant as straight DX. These may not be long term Rocs.

That can happen at any time with baseline rocs. Throwing a baseline disc, hard, in the woods, can lead to breaking disc's of every level.

That can happen at any time with baseline rocs. Throwing a baseline disc, hard, in the woods, can lead to breaking disc's of every level.

Sure, but what I am saying is that this plastic deformed more than regular DX does. I have been throwing DX Rocs for 20 years, I know how they usually bounce back from a taco, and these have that permanent deformity factor like R-pro and XT.

Sure, but what I am saying is that this plastic deformed more than regular DX does. I have been throwing DX Rocs for 20 years, I know how they usually bounce back from a taco, and these have that permanent deformity factor like R-pro and XT.

And how do they fly now that they're taco'd? beautiful flippy goodness?

And how do they fly now that they're taco'd? beautiful flippy goodness?

No, actually they still fly pretty good weirdly enough. Just a little less stable but not flippy. My OCD turns on when I see the smashed nose though.

No, actually they still fly pretty good weirdly enough. Just a little less stable but not flippy. My OCD turns on when I see the smashed nose though.
I have a DX Roc that somehow smashed in a huge flat spot on the wing. The disc isn't actually round anymore.

picture.php

picture.php

It was already a turnover Roc when it happened (no idea how, never saw it hit anything that would account for the damage) and I simply cannot detect any change in flight. Every time I pick it up I think "This looks stupid. I should get this out of my bag" but then I throw it and think "Why? It flies fine." :\ So in the bag it is.

Found some Star Rocs in my local Dick's Sporting goods. Stamp looks pretty updated, but they have patent number on the bottom of the flight plate. Dave putting Patent numbers back on or do I need to pick those up?