• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The need for a new DG course in WNC

mx23ang

Par Member
In combination with my thrill of building DG courses and the depressing news of my all time favorite and kind of neighborly course Sugaree closing.. I have a farm located in Madison County that is prime location and land for a championship calibur (par 65) course with incredible elevation changes, boulder filled greens, huge mature oak, walnut, beech, and groves of everybody's favorite rough material, Rhododendron's.. Currently I do have: the land, the motivation, the tools, and the shear want-to.. Currently what I do NOT, repeat DO NOT have is: good baskets with inner chains, tee-box's complete, fairway's limbed, thorn bushes removed, steps upon steps upon steps built, bridges built, tee signs, benches, more random equimpment needed.. Its funny how people either A) dont beilive that my designs are fun and challenging and B) of the people that do think my designs are fun and chalenging, they are to dam lazy to help me build and further my courses. Simple Pleasures has now been in the ground for two years totalling approx. 200 total labor hours ( not including expenses that go along with labor).. Of those 200 hours I can honestly, firmly say that I myself have equated 160 of those hours. This was done in the early morning before I began work on the farm, during my lunch breaks on the farm, during EVERY break I had from NCSU (thats right I obtained a 4 year B.S. in AG Extension Education as I built SP), even some nights with a headight (this past new year's eve I was building hole #15s teebox lol). My point being not many of my local DG club helped me build SP, just a select few. They are busy many times with their own jobs. Now to the main reasoning behind starting this thread, HELP! I cannot physically, mentally, and above all financially afford to start in on another course at this time, especaiily one with 120 possible acres.. Sugaree is closed, Mars Hill and Elk Mtn suck to the general population, Richmond Hill is played to Death and everyone thinks SP just sucks (those who have not came and judged it from the pics and here say of others, kiss it).. What does all this add up to?? THE NEED FOR A NEW SICK COURSE!! Please PM, call, e-mail, facebook me for more information on how to help get Hybrid Hillz in the ground.. I would be more than happy to organize a weekend camping/working/playing time. Ohh btw, I am also building a 1500 square foot "halfway house" up on the mountain where I plan to live in years to come. This provides opportunities for a dg vacation in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains for up to a group of 15.. Until then come visit Simple Pleausres for your own proof that she is NOT some little mountain pitch and putt..

Latest posts