• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Newest Crush Boy is an ANIMAL.

The one round that really caught my attention a couple years ago was at 2017 Pumpkin Shootout. He shot 1041 and was leading Open by 3 after the first round. Had 4 shots on Paul Oman and 6 on Dutch Napier, both 1000+ rated...:eek:

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/33840

Had a rough 2nd round but I think that's perfectly understandable given that he was 13ish and leading Open... I probably would have been ralphing on the first tee from nerves, lol...

Last edited:
The one round that really caught my attention a couple years ago was at 2017 Pumpkin Shootout. He shot 1041 and was leading Open by 3 after the first round. Had 4 shots on Paul Oman and 6 on Dutch Napier, both 1000+ rated...:eek:

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/33840

Had a rough 2nd round but I think that's perfectly understandable given that he was 13ish and leading Open... I probably would have been ralphing on the first tee from nerves, lol...

That is amazing. This kid is my new favorite disc golfer, I still can't believe that's real.

Another thing to consider, that tournament you watched was in June of last year. Since then, he finished 3rd at Worlds and 2nd at USJDGC in the <15 divisions. Won KY State dubs in ADV. Won an NGT qualifier. Played NGT Finals but had a gimpy knee iirc. Finished t52 at Idlewild Open beating 6 1000+ rated players and shot a 1012 his first round... at Idlewild:eek:

I wonder who the youngest person is to shot a 1000 rated round?... I think Zach was 13 or had just turned 14 when he got his first.

Here's a story the lad told me once. While playing an event with his dad caddying, Zach made a bad shot. His dad was so upset that he said, "You suck!" and overhanded his putter into the trees, where it hung up and stayed for years.

Here's a story the lad told me once. While playing an event with his dad caddying, Zach made a bad shot. His dad was so upset that he said, "You suck!" and overhanded his putter into the trees, where it hung up and stayed for years.

First time I read that I thought his dad yelled and threw it in the tree haha

Another thing to consider, that tournament you watched was in June of last year. Since then, he finished 3rd at Worlds and 2nd at USJDGC in the <15 divisions. Won KY State dubs in ADV. Won an NGT qualifier. Played NGT Finals but had a gimpy knee iirc. Finished t52 at Idlewild Open beating 6 1000+ rated players and shot a 1012 his first round... at Idlewild:eek:

I never knew there was such a thing as a 14yo LEGEND but today I have learned otherwise.

How is he so good?!? It defies physics, logic and conventional thought in every way. I'm in awe at a 14yo! How is this real life??

I'm about to derail the **** out of this thread. Sorry.

Look at his stature.

I know adult men have a physical advantage over adult women, but a small 14 year old? Throwing farther than just about any adult woman in the world?

I'm about to derail the **** out of this thread. Sorry.

Look at his stature.

I know adult men have a physical advantage over adult women, but a small 14 year old? Throwing farther than just about any adult woman in the world?

And one he isn't out throwing is 5'2" Paige Pierce.

Your observation says more about the power of good form than the power of physiology.

i remember thinking the same thing about another young phenom, David Wiggins Jr. in 2008.
Pdga Rating 958
Hometown: High Point, N.C.
Family: Parents, Dave and Patricia; sister, Katie.
Division: Advanced/juniors under 13; will be playing under 19.
Junior World Championship titles: 2004-07.
Longest measured throw: 577 feet.

Latest posts