• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The newest member of the PDGA

JConnell

Bogey Member
Is me! I finally squeezed the trigger on a membership and am just waiting for them to confirm my order. I was very surprised and pleased to see 2-day UPS Air as a shipping option at no additional charge :)

Has anyone ordered a new membership via their website? If so, did they email you your member number or was it included along with the shipped items?

Congrats! I have been contemplating doing this myself. I want to get a basket and a new bag first so it will probably be next summer before I join.

I joined on the website and recieved my number 2 or 3 days later in another e-mail. However still waiting on the package to show up.
Scott

I think the package takes around 2 to 3 weeks to show up.

I think I read somewhere that they process them in batches. I think once a week. If you did it today then you will probably have to wait until next Monday before they process this weeks orders. I will see if I can find that info again and post it back here.

Back in February (2008) my new member package took around five weeks to show up. That was probably longer than usual because I think they were waiting on the first issue of Flying Disc Magazine to include that in the shipments.

I think the general rule of thumb is 4 to 6 weeks, that's how long mine took and everyone I've known who's signed up before.

Thanks guys, I received an email from the PDGA today with my number and am now listed on the membership section of their site.

Oh, so it's just to play in Tournaments at a specific skill level. In all my years, I've never played in a tournament. I guess I'd see more of an advantage to getting a number if I played in tournaments then.

Latest posts