• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] The Piwakawaka is the best disc you’ve never thrown!

Been bagging the Piwak this year for the flippy mid consistently. Really digging it.

To add to lower arm speeds using it, just played with my dad for the first time, his first time out ever. Took him a couple attempts, but by the end of the round he had the piwak flying pretty straight. Great beginner disc, indeed.

Well, my wife picked up a couple of Piwakwakas. She is still trying to get them dialed in but I have I have occasionally been messing with them and they are pretty awesome.

First, the glide is stupid crazy. It takes very little power and they just fly forever.

Also, it may be the easiest disc to hyzer flip that I have ever tried. It doesn't seem overly sensitive to angles and always pops up to flat and just takes off dead straight. I haven't found a hyzer angle where it didn't pop up and I haven't really had it try and turn over much. It just likes to get up to flat and fly straight as an arrow.

I'm pretty much very happy with my current bag but it is very tempting to make a spot in my bag for a Piwak. I'll have to buy my own though as my wife said I can't have one of hers.

Rather than a Mid, I have come to think of my Piwak as my "Max Distance Putter." I love the disc, but I've always had trouble putting it among my other "Mids", except in the Understable/ Very Understable slot.

Very very glidely, but understable, disc. I love it, though it stays in the bag if there's any chance of a headwind.

The Piwak is my go-to for a one disc round, just like others go for their most versatile, longest throwing putter. That's why I've come to think of it not so much as a Mid, but as my Max Distance Putter.

When I noticed how the Piwakawaka sticks up between other discs in my bag, it got me to thinking....

PIWAKAWAKA
Diameter: 21.8cm
Height: 2cm
Rim Depth:1.2
Rim Width:1.3

COMET
Height: 2.1cm
Rim Depth:1.3cm
Rim Width:1.18cm

They're not the same disc...but in my experience, they're pretty similar performing. A little touchy, understable, glides forever.

When I noticed how the Piwakawaka sticks up between other discs in my bag, it got me to thinking....

PIWAKAWAKA
Height: 2cm
Rim Depth:1.2
Rim Width:1.3

COMET
Height: 2.1cm
Rim Depth:1.3cm
Rim Width:1.18cm

They're not the same disc...but in my experience, they're pretty similar performing. A little touchy, understable, glides forever.

I have described it as a more comfortable comet before. It is definitely touchy. But, powers down well, I think.

IMO, the comet is probably one of the most uncomfortable discs, with regard to hand feel. So clunky.

I couldn't make the Comet fit into my hand either, but I should try one again.

We're designing a course for a tournament in August and they'd laid out this dead straight 300' downhill hole, with an island. You have to hit a Mando gap 100' off the tee straight ahead to protect a car park. I threw half my bag out it (Underworlds, Avenger SS, Craves) but the Piwakawaka on a slight hyzerflip was the only disc I could park it with (on that day!). It's a laser beam.

Latest posts