• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

After something like 50 metal hits with my Stegos and another half dozen with my Gilas and Tyrants I finally have my my first RDG Ace… with an Armor Scale that I have thrown for 2 rounds lol. It's a beautiful speckled/sparkly pink one with the bar stamp. I was meeting a buddy for a quick round and the Par 2 course near his office and brought just the Scale and Stego and rung up hole 1.

I am patiently twiddling my thumbs for my tar pit chameleons to arrive. Also picked up another creamsicle carnivore as I lost mine recently. I am not sure I hope it has the flip my old one did, or is more like my others. Generally I prefer consistency but that disc did some special stuff. It was the curse of the original blurrs. They were all good, but some were border magic. (also couldn't help myself and got another cobalt iguana and "proto" iguana coming)

Picked up another Tortuga--my tester has seen some trees--and another Tarpit Serp--quickly becoming my favorite run of Serpents. Feel, flight, and grip is outstanding on these

I just ordered 3 (2 Tarpit, 1 Nylon) Chameleons, 2 Tortugas, a Glow Gila and an official Cobalt Iguana.

Thanks so much for the support!

With each order we push closer to new and exciting releases.

We still have hope of tooling a Tyrant with Gateway which would be incredible. The Tortuga will need a large full run once we finally get the mold secured. Also new batches of Stego!

Let us know what you think of your stuff. The new Tar Pit Chams are so good!

We still have hope of tooling a Tyrant with Gateway which would be incredible. The Tortuga will need a large full run once we finally get the mold secured. Also new batches of Stego!

I absolutely will! I've already shown off my original blank Chameleon and preached about it's usefulness and comfort in the hand. Maybe I'll be able to get some of the locals to try one of them out and I'll start to see more Reptilian in the wild out here (only seen a few Stegos locally). I know there's a couple of AGL sponsorships around here still and I'm going to try and convince them to try the Chameleon, and one of them to try the Gila (he throws Prophecies so it should feel quite familiar).

FWIW the Chameleon has won me at least double what I paid for it, and every time I take it out of the bag I regret it within a round or 2. Glow Chameleons would be an amazing idea, especially if they came out with just a smidge of turn...

Edit: I neeeeeeeed one of the floppiest Stegos I can get for experimental purposes...

I absolutely will! I've already shown off my original blank Chameleon and preached about it's usefulness and comfort in the hand. Maybe I'll be able to get some of the locals to try one of them out and I'll start to see more Reptilian in the wild out here (only seen a few Stegos locally). I know there's a couple of AGL sponsorships around here still and I'm going to try and convince them to try the Chameleon, and one of them to try the Gila (he throws Prophecies so it should feel quite familiar).

FWIW the Chameleon has won me at least double what I paid for it, and every time I take it out of the bag I regret it within a round or 2. Glow Chameleons would be an amazing idea, especially if they came out with just a smidge of turn...

Edit: I neeeeeeeed one of the floppiest Stegos I can get for experimental purposes...

Glow Amber Chameleon would be great, could probably kick two molds out of my glow bag.

I am excited for the upcoming amber flex stego Jamie teased, but the recent run of RFF tarpit stego is probably the softest yet. It's the one I bag. A silly putty stego would be amazing (my silly putty scale is so floppy)

While we are at it with requests (all of which fall behind tyrant retool) flexy armor serpents would become a favorite for me.

After a couple months of having to be patient I finally placed an order for some Tortugas, Cobalt Iggys, a Tarpit Chameleon, Glow Scale and a fresh Carnivore.

Excited to try the Tortuga, it seems like it could be a good windy day putter and fun off the tee!

Well I haven't been able to throw them yet, but the Tortugas feel like the most comfortable putter I've held like ever. It's like a Magnet but smoother and gives the illusion of a bead but without the actual bead. I have a feeling that if they putt as well as they feel, my Lunas are in trouble, and if they throw as well as they feel especially in my FH grip, I suspect I'll need a premium plastic one to throw.

The Tar Pit Chameleons have some of the best grip and hand feel of any driver I've ever held, and if they hold they're stability for a while like I think they will most of my drivers are in trouble. The Nylon Chameleon has a great feel as well but I had no idea y'all did wonder bread stamps.

The Cobalt Iguana feels very similar in feel to the Crossbows I picked up from Sunking awhile back.

The Glow Gila is definitely softer than my Fossil? Gila and hopefully will break in a bit easier and then I can pair them with my Iguanas/Comets and my premium Gila.

I'm hoping to be able to possibly throw a quick round at some point today and it'll primarily be these discs plus my other RDG and maybe a few complimentary pieces like a Firebird, Comet and Z Zone.

I'm hoping to be able to possibly throw a quick round at some point today and it'll primarily be these discs plus my other RDG and maybe a few complimentary pieces like a Firebird, Comet and Z Zone.

Nice!!! Please give us your thoughts after giving these discs some air time.

I have been in Destin for the last week and I brought a small bag of discs to play the local course. Tort, Gila, Iggy, Cham & Komodo.

It's not a tough course for the most part but I really love the duo of Cham & Komodo. Great flexy capabilities with the Cham and the Komodo kinda fills the old school OS driver slot like a Predator would. OS and very reliable, but not a hawg that won't push before the strong finish.

Your mids are awesome, a Gila, Iguana and Uplink is what is in the bag currently, and I just ordered cobalt iguana and armor gila to add to my growing stack of backups…

I feel like this has been discussed quite a bit, but I don't want to dig through the many many posts about it; I know the Gila was modeled after the Sentinel and serves as a wonderful OS compliment to the Roc. How would it compare to the Wasp? Or event the shape of a Roc3/Wasp? I got a Wasp to try out and it flies how I want, but I just can't quite get behind Discraft plastic...nothing particularly wrong with it, it's just not for me.

I feel like this has been discussed quite a bit, but I don't want to dig through the many many posts about it; I know the Gila was modeled after the Sentinel and serves as a wonderful OS compliment to the Roc. How would it compare to the Wasp? Or event the shape of a Roc3/Wasp? I got a Wasp to try out and it flies how I want, but I just can't quite get behind Discraft plastic...nothing particularly wrong with it, it's just not for me.

I feel like it compares well to a Roc3 but it's a touch shallower and the curve of the wing is a bit sharper, and both of those make it just a touch more stable. I love it, throw them all the time these days.

Has anyone thrown the most recent Amber run? I'm curious is they are flatter?

"Has anyone thrown the most recent Amber run? I'm curious is they are flatter?"

I will throw the recent amber once my order gets here. I will compare it to a fossil and tarpit. I definitely do not have the power you do, but should be able to give you a comparison stability wise… @moose33

Last edited:

Latest posts