• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

How's that stego crashing for a strong FH like you?

It's beef for sure. I have trepidation's for sure since I've only been able to throw it on a very short field, not even 200 ft. They say that it's more OS as your try to throw it harder, so it should be interesting to see how a full pull goes.

How's that stego crashing for a strong FH like you?

I've finally thrown the Stego quite a bit and the results have been... well hilarious.

It doesn't fade as I am used to. It comes out so smooth, looking fantastic and going straight and then it realizes the ground is under it.

I think it hates the ground, it wants to violently spike it and hurt the earth as much as possible. You can see it's enraged spirit as it crashes to the ground in the fastest dump I've ever seen.

That said I've thrown it what I would consider farish for a disc like this. On a few it's been as much as 275, but that is as far as it's gone for me. I have a theory about how to make it go farther, but that's not really the point I think.

Pinpoint accuracy within it extreme dumpyness is very useful.

I've finally thrown the Stego quite a bit and the results have been... well hilarious.

It doesn't fade as I am used to. It comes out so smooth, looking fantastic and going straight and then it realizes the ground is under it.

I think it hates the ground, it wants to violently spike it and hurt the earth as much as possible. You can see it's enraged spirit as it crashes to the ground in the fastest dump I've ever seen.

That said I've thrown it what I would consider farish for a disc like this. On a few it's been as much as 275, but that is as far as it's gone for me. I have a theory about how to make it go farther, but that's not really the point I think.

Pinpoint accuracy within it extreme dumpyness is very useful.

Crap, I had the over on 280. You sure you can't squeeze a few more feet out of it?

You'll find the Stego as a Godsend in some sticky situations. I suspect you will be in those types of situations far less than myself, but everyone has a bad round now and again. The Stego has helped me salvage par countless times. I don't throw it that much, but I still bag my original Stego and it has no signs of wearing in. Fun disc that is weirdly reliable.

You'll find the Stego as a Godsend in some sticky situations. I suspect you will be in those types of situations far less than myself, but everyone has a bad round now and again. The Stego has helped me salvage par countless times. I don't throw it that much, but I still bag my original Stego and it has no signs of wearing in. Fun disc that is weirdly reliable.

I think your right. I'm a decent player, but everyone who isn't elite could use a disc like this.

Plus it's just a ton of fun!

As for running Fossil batches of Gateways other putters, I'd say it's safe to say it will be done at some point. But that's more of a "when we can" type basis.

Did Fossil Warlocks ever get run? Always had a dream of them being produced but haven't been following RDG/Gateway closely enough to know if I ever missed out. :)

Fossil Warlocks would be oh so tasty.

I'm quite new to throwing RDG discs. I've played with the chalkpit Serpent and Scale and I love the feel of the discs. I've also been putting with SSS Warlocks for months now, and I just love the grippiness for splush putts.

What does the Fossil plastic feel like, and how would you expect a Fossil warlock to feel?

What does the Fossil plastic feel like, and how would you expect a Fossil warlock to feel?

Fossil is a more sleek plastic than SSS with less initial grit. However, they season into velvety feeling discs, they glide very well, and they maintain flight characteristics with extreme warps and wear. Its stiffness usually falls around S. All molds in Fossil tend to feel more compact than their poly counterparts, similar to a Discraft X and Z plastic relationship.

For something closer to SSS with a grittier feel, Fossil Flex is best.

Last edited:
I discovered the Serpent and a new hyzer putting stroke and my putting has been insane this year. I'll be looking to stock up on Serps in all different plastics for 2018, please....

Just wanted to let folks know we launched a new website! To celebrate use discount code LAUNCH at checkout, and you'll get 15% off your order!

Like the new site, but it would be nice to know the colors available as well...

Really digging my Pteros. Had some great drives with them in the woods and parked a very tight, wooded 330 ft hole with them in a tournament. Here's to hoping for another run soon! And made some great putts with my Fossil Wizard.

Also a big thanks to Reptilian to sending me a few discs for free on Facebook. Look forward to throwing another Gila and trying the Scale!

Just wanted to let folks know we launched a new website! To celebrate use discount code LAUNCH at checkout, and you'll get 15% off your order!

New site looks and operates great! Seeing the choices for the discs we're ordering is always a great option. :thmbup: