• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Revolving Door

sidewinder22

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
WrjC.gif

At first I was hoping you were going to continually spin the door for 2:27, and was looking forward to passerby reactions.

That's really good though...have to backswing in the same place by moving your weight forward, then continually accelerate forward until you have the door by your chest/body. At that point your hips/butt has cleared back and you can push the door away from you, which feels natural because it already has some momentum you have given it and your body is leveraged to be able to use your arm.

Do you feel this drill is more self correcting than door frame drill since you get visual feedback? Was thinking if one of those spinning "circles" would work on childrens playareas, I'm bit afraid of getting arrested if I go spinning Hilton's revolving door. :D

Do you feel this drill is more self correcting than door frame drill since you get visual feedback? Was thinking if one of those spinning "circles" would work on childrens playareas, I'm bit afraid of getting arrested if I go spinning Hilton's revolving door. :D
They both have purposes as drills, but the revolving door involves leveraging the whole swing forward to the finish much like the sledge/hammer toss. When I originally did the door frame drills I was going to use the door and slam it, but I didn't want to break the door and have stuff falling off walls/piss off the neighbors and it doesn't have much resistance like a revolving door has, although I've heard some people say they ripped their door frame from the wall in door frame drill. :D

giphy.gif

I like the visual. You have the lag at the start of the swing as inertia builds and then the lower arm is forced out to keep in contact and push the door as it moves away from you.

seriously, the kids playground has been my main training tool for the last 5 years - swings and roundabouts, amazing how you can really work on weight shift with them! They've also got loads of balance board type equipment these days which is great for working stuff out too. (all whilst paying lots of attention to my kids obviously...possibly.... )

I don't know why, but watching you do this with the moving door is making ALL sorts more sense to me, then the other drills you have! I see more how the disc sort of stays still, while I move forward with my hips and butt leading, and my arm keeps going out and back. Then once the weight transfer has taken place...

giphy.gif
bye bye Disc!

giphy.gif

Seriously, this video is GOLD SW! I can't stop watching it and seeing the swing so clearly in it! It's perfect! I NEED to find a kids merry go round so I can practice on it! The heavy weight of the door or merry go round is PERFECT to work on your swing. It helps you feel that stretch and pull while your body moves forward, then it finally starts giving in to your pull. Also seeing how the door (disc) is out/away and behind you, not just straight behind you makes this so much clearer in my mind. It's not a straight line reach back a la the old Schusterick type throw. Great great post and video man! This may be the one that finally helps me put it all together! Can't thank you enough for all these videos you make for all us hacks, haha. Very much appreciated brother :thmbup:

I came across this today. It's a baseball version for the door frame drill https://youtu.be/I2OnmRKWewQ?t=453 followed by a baseball Pro Pull drill with a stretch band.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Door Frame Drill for Baseball.JPG
    Door Frame Drill for Baseball.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 139

Latest posts