• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The SpinTV 2 Million Views giveaway!

JTacoma03

* Ace Member *
1619514_282815801918741_5935406730538388807_n.jpg

First of all, on behalf of all of us at SpinTV, I want to sincerely thank everyone for their support through our rookie and sophomore seasons. The support though subscribers, views, messages, and meeting fans in person throughout the year has been phenomenal and it invigorates us every single day. I love doing this job and it's in large part due to the fact that you guys love the product we put out. So - THANK YOU!

Now for the fun part. We've hit 2 MILLION views in 16 months! We have over 17k subscribers! You guys are awesome!!

So - we're doing a giveaway to show our appreciation. All you have to do is (if you haven't already) subscribe to our YouTube channel by October 14, 2014 to be entered in a drawing to win a set of GStar discs, courtesy of Innova!

Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/SpinTV_subscribe
More info here: http://bit.ly/SpinTV_2Mil_Giveaway

-----

I'll also use this thread as an opportunity to answer questions, hear comments/feedback, and even suggestions for what you'd like to see as we go into the offseason and prepare for 2015.

Keep it in the fairways!
Jamie Thomas

Congrats! Thanks for all the hard work put into the channel, it really shows. :hfive:

Subscribed. Could have sworn I had subscribed before, but oh well. Thank you for the amazing videos on your channel.

Have the 'Spinies'. Just like the Grammy's or the Oscar's, make up categories and use highlights from your films to give out awards for Best Putt, Best Shot, Worst Roll, etc.

Subscribed. Could have sworn I had subscribed before, but oh well. Thank you for the amazing videos on your channel.

Thanks! Hope we can keep impressing!

Have the 'Spinies'. Just like the Grammy's or the Oscar's, make up categories and use highlights from your films to give out awards for Best Putt, Best Shot, Worst Roll, etc.

Wow. This is a really cool idea. I'm going to work and see how we can make something like this happen. PM me your contact info when you have time.

Jamie, watched lots of your quality vids and didn't even know I could subscribe. Thanks for the link and keep up the fantastic work.

great videos watch a lot of them but now i'm subscribed.

thank you

someone else does something like everyone is talking about. Its a cool way to check out some of the best and worse shots of the year. Congraz on the views and keep the good videos rolling.

I'd like to see SpinTV do an exhibition match with some top pros this off-season. I enjoy watching exhibitions because the players are always looser and having fun, and it seems like a good fit for you cause SpinTV has good production value/commentating and it's less important that the coverage be live.

Off-season -- I like the idea of the exhibition matches (unusual formats would be great too, like worst-shot doubles or something). Instructional videos for beginners - something I could show people who are just getting started. And you HAVE to do something like The Spinnies -- that is probably the best suggestion in this thread so far.

I'd like to see SpinTV do an exhibition match with some top pros this off-season. I enjoy watching exhibitions because the players are always looser and having fun, and it seems like a good fit for you cause SpinTV has good production value/commentating and it's less important that the coverage be live.

Agreed on this. The skins match video from years ago with Feldberg, Champ, Avery, and Phil Arthur is still one of my favorites.

I would like to see some spotlight videos on different pros in the off season. Just interviewing them about their history and how they got to where they are today. I feel like we don't really know a ton about most pros aside from their course manners...

Thank you guys for all the suggestions. This really helps. A fun-oriented offseason competition is something that I've been mulling over, and the fact that it has some steam and it's something you want to see will help get the right people to say the right words. :)

I also want to beef up our instructional video library. The last one we did was the "Building the Bag" series.

Let me pick your brains further by asking a question:

What's the hardest concept for you to explain to beginners whom you're trying to get hooked on the game?

Already subscribed.. Your vids make the perfect background for grinding through grad school work, thanks!

:

What's the hardest concept for you to explain to beginners whom you're trying to get hooked on the game?

Smooth and level = increased distance

The hardest thing I can think of is weight transfer. That may be more of an advanced tutorial though.

Noobs most often pull from under their non throwing arm, throw to high, pull all the way through(strong arm), and don't use any hips. I don't know what the hardest thing to explain would be though. In all encompassing form video would be to much but something that just explained the basics would be nice to refer noobs to.

I'm sure this exists but I usually don't search for instructional videos geared towards beginners. I'm to used to trying to fix a certain thing rather than starting fresh. Probably a mistake.

I would like to see some "Razzie" type awards added into the "Spinies" stuff like "Worst follow through" I think it was Barsby I saw in a USDGC video putt from his knees and faceplant after release. "Worst tree hit" where it's that one tiny branch and kills the drive. Stuff like that is always more interesting to me than best of's.

Latest posts