• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The status of Cedar Rapids courses

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Hey all,

Wondering if anybody knows the status of the courses in Cedar Rapids IA. I'm guessing Shaver is still a ways out, but what about Legion?

Thanks

Legion still has most of the baskets in place, but I believe the front 9 is pretty unplayable from the Derecho mess. People seem to be playing most of the back without issue. Keep in mine the course is technically closed according to the city.

Shaver Park sounds like its getting very close. The dedicated locals have been extremely hard at work and I would guess it will open mid to late summer.

Hiawatha (Fay Clark) is the most playable course in the area currently. This course is the most open and boring of the bunch but is getting fresh baskets, trees, and a re-design all in the near future.

Jones Park also should be open, but I know there was some Derecho damage there, so there may not be too many trees either. (Boring)

Jones is very playable. Lost a lot of trees in the 2020 derecho. Local club is going to be getting access to some of the land being left behind from the Jones (Little White Ball) Golf Course. That LWB golf course has been abandoned. So, Jones is up for a re-do as well.

The city (Marion) was threatening full closure if people didn't stay off Legion last summer. Don't know where they are now.

Wildcat is a short drive away and in wonderful shape.