• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The trouble with floaters

Not enough fiber is the usual culprit with floaters.

translation-i-see-what-you-did-there_o_1852513.jpg

Back at my college course Luther Britt park I couldn't tell you how many dragons I found floating up against the shore. I assume it's hard to get a disc that's floating 100ft off shore

I use to use a wahoo because there is a local course with some pretty big ponds . I took one of my old reels with a two piece rod and ditched the end piece on the rod, attached a big cork with two treble hooks. It does a pretty good job and it's small enough to attach to my bag. then I switched to the blizzard champion plastic they aren't technically "floaters" but any under 140g will float.

I didn't know if you guys saw this but it works.

I used a hydra pretty regularly for a while. I could control it we'll, except for what it did of landing. The thing would skip and roll ridiculously. I finally gave up the disc. Only other 'floater' I ever used was blizzard plastic occasionally.
We did try the GR on a frozen pond. We rarely have frozen ponds, so we have no idea what to do with them. We finally got the retriever behind the disc and slid it to shore.

Latest posts