• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Uniform

zensuit

Par Member
I'm no fashion plate myself, and I seriously appreciate that Disc Golfers don't look like ball golfers (and you know exactly what I mean)...but I am curious as to why so many of the people I see dress just like either Kurt Cobain (skinny youngsters) or (for our heftier brethren) the comic book shop owner from the Simpsons. I happen to wear a beanie but I always have...it has also become clear to me that I need to add a brim to my beanie!

Is there a uniform or uniforms (plural) for DG and if so how do you decide which uniform to wear?

Thanks in advance,

Z

PS- I currently play in jeans, a torn t-shirt and/or hoodie, and boots. Sometimes I smoke a giant hooka full of orange rinds just for the effect!

I try to wear anything tie-dye. Have a tie-dye Polo coming Monday :D

P.S.: Beanies with the brim rocks.

What's wrong with the way ball golfers dress? I'm a ball golfer and I usually wear khaki shorts and a polo shirt (untucked). If you are talking about the pros on tv with the slacks, that's their job, they look good doing it.

I'm a khaki shorts and tshirt kinda guy with a ballcap.

in the summer i'm usually just cargo shorts and a t shirt...nothing fancy at all...

In one tourney I played in, one guy in our group wore nice khaki shorts with an innova polo.

For casual rounds, I will usually play in gym shorts and a t-shirt. For tournaments, I will wear cargo shorts and a polo shirt

I usually wear shorts and a regular t-shirt whenever I play. When I feel adventurous, I wear plaid shorts (brown or blue) with a matching shirt.

MONDO

Depending on the time of year, in the winter/fall I wear north face water proof pants, long john black shirt, addidas water proof short sleeve top, boots, and a beenie. In spring/summer I wear cargo shorts, hat, and t-shirt.

Summers in the Carolinas are hot and humid, so then I wear shorts and dri-fit polos. They look nice, and they help keep the shirt from sticking to you when you sweat, like a t-shirt will. I'm definately not trying to dress to impress, but I do want to look presentable during a tournament, and still be comfortable.

What's wrong with the way ball golfers dress? I'm a ball golfer and I usually wear khaki shorts and a polo shirt (untucked). If you are talking about the pros on tv with the slacks, that's their job, they look good doing it.

I'm a khaki shorts and tshirt kinda guy with a ballcap.

Technically, nothing wrong with ball golf clothes...but sartorially....hmmm.

Summers in the Carolinas are hot and humid, so then I wear shorts and dri-fit polos. They look nice, and they help keep the shirt from sticking to you when you sweat, like a t-shirt will. I'm definately not trying to dress to impress, but I do want to look presentable during a tournament, and still be comfortable.

Same, the dry mesh Polos are nice. I wear some shorts and polos to tourneys. Ussually the same for random rounds, but some times a dg tshirt

In cold weather Jeans Long sleeve t-shirts or fleece pull-overs boots; warmer weather shorts usually khaki t-shrits ball cap. Tourneys more of the same.

Cargo pants/shorts for carrying all the snacks. Dry-fit type shirts.

moisture-wicking shirt & shorts
merino wool socks
light hiking boots

if it's cold, i add a second shirt, long-sleeve if necessary.

i'd be fine with a polo as long as it's moisture-wicking.

I wear the same outfit most of the year unless it's really cold which doesn't happen much in south Texas. Always blue jeans and a pull over, either t shirt or polo with tennis shoes.

The reason for the blue jeans all the time is simple. Having skinny, bony, paste white legs with arthritic knobby knees is not a pretty sight. No use scaring the children and ol' ladies. LOL

My dad didn't name me "Chief Chickenlegs" at an early age for nothing!

Woodpecker

Panties...only

LMAO....reminds me of a story..
During the points series last year, some friends of mine had a bet going...there was this pink-half shirt, made for girls, yanno to show off the tight abs, that said "sexy bitch" on it. Well, the bet was between the 4 of them that whoever had the highest score during the first round, had to wear it the second. This was a 2 day tourney. Well the guy who lost the first time, did put it on, but over his tee shirt...so yeah it was funny. Same for the guy who had to wear it Sunday am's round. But the final round for Sunday, the guy wore only the half shirt, well and his shorts. By this time the shirt was kinda torn, and dirty...but no, he wore it like a champ, and I'm pretty sure that it was a small or medium, and he was at least a large if not an XL.
Ahhh...good times....:p

Latest posts