• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The UpShot Ultiworld Podcast - 3/20/19

VLaForce2002

Par Member
Kudos and thanks to Charlie and Jamie!

This week, the stories from the Simon Lizotte tour were absolutely fantastic.

Jamie was on fire this week. His assessment of "boredom" I think is spot on! call it ennui, existential crisis, or just running out of worlds (small w) to conquer. Paige loves people, and throwing a disc isn't interacting with people. It will get you to the interaction, but there are a million other ways also. There is still one unique way to "communicate" on a level at which only Paige and handful of other women in the world can match. IMO, that's why playing against Salonen and a few others still holds a sparkle.

I wonder if Paige could get a job making the same amount of money, keep her current friends, have the same level of freedom and travel opportunities she would walk away from DG and barely miss it.

I Think the McBeth " Discraft is not worried about the million dollar deal anymore" :)

he basicly saying that they sold so much already that the million is covered

I Think the McBeth " Discraft is not worried about the million dollar deal anymore" :)

he basicly saying that they sold so much already that the million is covered

hmm...is the buying market for plastic that big now?

hmm...is the buying market for plastic that big now?

Word is Discraft made roughly 10,000 each PMB Force, Zone, Undertaker, Buzzz and Proto Luna. Each wholesales around $10. Half a million right there. Add the Kong and production Luna plus all the extra Discraft sales thanks to the McBeth effect and a million bucks in sales isn't all that surprising.

Mcbeth confirmed what I had heard from a few Discraft pros and them having sold a million in discs. I think they made way more than 20k each of the mcbeth discs. Even more than 20k of the kongs and lunas to come.