• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The UpShot Ultiworld Podcast - Where is it?

VLaForce2002

Par Member
Is anybody else jones(boro)ing for the Ultiworld Podcast?

I hope the fellas are OK and it's just technical difficulties. Usually they've released by now. Either that, or I just don't pay attention very well.

Wishing Charlie and Jamie the best...and... hurry up, please!:D

Seems like they're pushing later in the week lately. Odd to me, since they also wrap up last weekend, when all the other pods best them to it. I think Tuesday/Wednesday is the sweet spot.

Hey y'all! We're a day late this week because Charlie was at NAB playing with all the latest toys. We're recording momentarily and it will be up this afternoon, we'll get you the fix you need shortly!

Also I'll go ahead and give the heads up - we just saw the DGPT Press Release today...AFTER we recorded...so it's not in the show's reactions.

Kudos to Steve and the DGPT. This is the well-delivered message many have been looking for. A good step in the right direction.

I must be weird, the narcissistic preening and trolling that goes along with the chat option makes it the first thing I turn off. I've given it a try here and there but in general, meh.

I must be weird, the narcissistic preening and trolling that goes along with the chat option makes it the first thing I turn off. I've given it a try here and there but in general, meh.

It's like you fell into a 6th grade classroom with a substitute teacher in charge...

Traditional play by play person is a topic in this episode. Ian Anderson is probably the best one in the business so far. He's able to guide his partner through the play on the hole really well. It's usually at it's best when he's doing commentary with a pro. The con is, that Ian's style is really laid back (which I love, but some don't like for play by play). Of course, I don't think disc golf needs a really dry commentary, as it doesn't do justice to the sport, but I think there's a happy medium that can be achieved by the right person.

Jamie, what do you think of the DGPT decision to remove "live" from the YouTube platform? I'm afraid it will reduce views and advertising effectiveness.

I think it's a risk, because having that infrastructure there to push notifications to your subscribers, have older content bubble up on their feeds, etc. It's not an insignificant amount of help in terms of continuing to grow the channel. Also, YouTube is our living room ya know? We've always been there. So, there's definitely a risk.

That said, I heard the move was because they're using a advertising "feed" service (for lack of a better term) for their ad clients and it doesn't play nice with YouTube (aka that odd sound we kept hearing during the WACO broadcasts).

I do kinda feel like that this would/will happen eventually. YouTube doesn't let you skirt their ad services anymore really, so the feeds will have to be more fenced in and protected for the ad partners. Ideally for me, if they can still get edited coverage and/or smashcuts posted to YT afterwards, it's still a good play.

-------

Also I want to take a quick moment to hype The Inside Line's 2nd episode!

Latest posts