• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Valkyrie, a discussion.........

i think at this point it's common knowledge that innova is starting to blizzardize a lot of champion plastic discs, not necessarily to help get wide rimmers down to 150 class...anyhow, my local pias had some champ stock stamped 150 class champ valks that had visible blizzarding in the rim.

get ready to start seeing this in all of your favorite molds.

i think at this point it's common knowledge that innova is starting to blizzardize a lot of champion plastic discs, not necessarily to help get wide rimmers down to 150 class...anyhow, my local pias had some champ stock stamped 150 class champ valks that had visible blizzarding in the rim.

get ready to start seeing this in all of your favorite molds.

Gawd, I hope not!!

I have two Valks right now that I am experimenting with. A 160 Star that is freaky overstable, and a somewhat beat Champion that is basically stable for me with fade at the very end of flight. It's flat. The Champions at my store are domey. What's better in a Valk? Flat or domey?

Can I beat that Star into a flipper eventually? Throw it at trees?

My 4x jk pro has left my bag in favor of an older run TL. TL is a touch more stable at the end of flight. I still keep a beat production non plus rim Valk for long turnovers that don't need any fade at the end...

I was debating putting a Valk back into the bag today, but I ended up keeping the beast instead. I love the valk, but I really don't have the need with a beat up beast and an escape in the bag. Maybe one day the Valk will make it back it.

Quick question regarding the Valk as I am not versed in their ways.. I just got a new run star in the mail and it is just about the domiest disc I have seen in a long while. Is this the norm for the stars? How would a domie fly compared to a flatter one? Max weight by the way, and I get destroyers about 450'. I'm looking for something for those easy hyzer flips in the woods and good tailwind tweener between my leopard and beat destroyer.

Owned a CE & 4x but sold them. Felt I had other discs that fit that slot in the bag. My nephew owns 15 Ce and 3 champion ones for his winter bag. It is one of his main goto drivers. He tops out at about 300 feet. They fly good for his amount of power

Quick question regarding the Valk as I am not versed in their ways.. I just got a new run star in the mail and it is just about the domiest disc I have seen in a long while. Is this the norm for the stars? How would a domie fly compared to a flatter one? Max weight by the way, and I get destroyers about 450'. I'm looking for something for those easy hyzer flips in the woods and good tailwind tweener between my leopard and beat destroyer.

i haven't thrown a newer star valkyrie but i ordered a couple of older run ones from prime discs through ebay and they're money. super grippy old star blend...realistically they're probably special blend. the ones i ordered were royal blue and are nice and flat. i don't normally throw max weight but that's all they had available. i finally got a chance to get out and toss one yesterday, laser beam straight for me out to about 350. i'm looking forward to getting one seasoned a little bit.

Old thread.

I picked up a Pro Valk yesterday. I like my Orcs, I just feel like they're a bit too much for me. I was thinking it might be a better fit. It's max weight, but... Hey, what's 5 grams? :p It was the only Pro.

I haven't had a chance to throw it yet, it's been kinda rainy and nasty here. Do you think I'll get anything out of it? I throw my XLs about 275, 300 on a good day.

Also needed another disc that started with V :p

More question for old thread back alive...

Is there any in production disc that closely matches the flat stable CE valk runs?

I have fell in love and have built a little stockpile.

Valkyrie, still a disc I bag. And I hope to always bag it, because its F'ing awesome. Echo star and Champ Glow being my favorite plastics. Love the Valk. nuff said

More question for old thread back alive...

Is there any in production disc that closely matches the flat stable CE valk runs?

I have fell in love and have built a little stockpile.

Some of the glows are really stable. Otherwise find an orc I would say.

I have a couple JL Terns that feel (plastic) the same as my old jk pro Valks and they fly very similar. I still keep 3 Valks in my main bag however (jk pro, fresh production champ, and beat to living crap champ).

Old thread.

I picked up a Pro Valk yesterday. I like my Orcs, I just feel like they're a bit too much for me. I was thinking it might be a better fit. It's max weight, but... Hey, what's 5 grams? :p It was the only Pro.

I haven't had a chance to throw it yet, it's been kinda rainy and nasty here. Do you think I'll get anything out of it? I throw my XLs about 275, 300 on a good day.

Also needed another disc that started with V :p

I have a little more power than you and I usually have a few Valkyries in my bag. I used to just have a JK and a star in my bag. This past spring I bought a couple of pro valks so I would have some extras for field practice. I was finding that the pro valks were a little easier for me to control and I could flip them up from a small hyzer and they would fly straight forever. So now a pro valk is in my bag and I'm finding I go to it more often. More than the other valks.

never realy liked a valk. have found a few in the tall grass and fished a few out of the lake...... give em a pull and just didnt work for me. until rently that is. put a 170ish champ in the bag this week end and let it fly on a few. i expected to get an s flight but just went dead straight with mininmal fade to about 340. tried to put a little more snap and a tiny bit of anny to see if i could get the -2 turn to kick in....only slight turn that didnt flex out. might not be exactly the flight i expected, but seemed super reliable for me. even my wraith and destroyer show a little more turn at 350 ft?