• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Theft on 10/29/09

maynes32

Par Member
As a preamble, let me state that I am neither a) WarEagle nor b) wareagling (a verb defined as scamming for discs by claiming yours were stolen, natch).

On October 29, 2009, I arrived home from work to discover that someone had broken into my wife's and my home and stolen about $10K worth of property. One of the few readily identifiable items they stole was my main bag and discs. All of my discs are labeled with my name (Brad Maynes) and telephone number ((734) 678-1805). If you are in the SE Michigan area, please be on the lookout for someone with a blue Fade Tourney bag and blue Quad Shox straps. As I stated, while my discs are all labeled, a non-idiot will scratch that out. I had:

2 Cryztal Avenger SS (green/yellow, one Mystic Mills stamp, one Holly Woods)
2 Z Avenger (both orange, K of C stamps - one blue stamp, one black)
1 Z Stalker (orange, misprint)
1 Z Predator (yellow)
1 Z Flick (orange)

1 Z Comet (yellow, misprint)
2 Z Buzzz (one red, one blue misprint)
1 Pro-D Drone (lt. blue)
1 X Stratus (dark blue)

1 ESP Zone (green, misprint)
1 Pro-D Rattler (lt. blue)
1 SS Wizard (red)
1 SSS Wizard (lt. blue)

1 A3Disc mini
1 Sabattus mini

Thanks in advance for keeping an eye out. Again, not looking for charity, I'd just like to find out who took all our stuff, and this is one of the best chances (sadly) we've got. :(

As a preamble, let me state that I am neither a) WarEagle nor b) wareagling (a verb defined as scamming for discs by claiming yours were stolen, natch).

On October 29, 2009, I arrived home from work to discover that someone had broken into my wife's and my home and stolen about $10K worth of property. One of the few readily identifiable items they stole was my main bag and discs. All of my discs are labeled with my name (Brad Maynes) and telephone number ((734) 678-1805). If you are in the SE Michigan area, please be on the lookout for someone with a blue Fade Tourney bag and blue Quad Shox straps. As I stated, while my discs are all labeled, a non-idiot will scratch that out. I had:

2 Cryztal Avenger SS (green/yellow, one Mystic Mills stamp, one Holly Woods)
2 Z Avenger (both orange, K of C stamps - one blue stamp, one black)
1 Z Stalker (orange, misprint)
1 Z Predator (yellow)
1 Z Flick (orange)

1 Z Comet (yellow, misprint)
2 Z Buzzz (one red, one blue misprint)
1 Pro-D Drone (lt. blue)
1 X Stratus (dark blue)

1 ESP Zone (green, misprint)
1 Pro-D Rattler (lt. blue)
1 SS Wizard (red)
1 SSS Wizard (lt. blue)

1 A3Disc mini
1 Sabattus mini

Thanks in advance for keeping an eye out. Again, not looking for charity, I'd just like to find out who took all our stuff, and this is one of the best chances (sadly) we've got. :(

damn man..best of luck to you! hopefully some of our investigators are bored and can get some info for you :eek:

Good luck to you in getting ALL of your property back.
Thieves should be out right shot in the head, IMHO!

Though I have never never met the guy and was not on this site when it went down, this is the reason that I hate Wareagle because the doubt and skeptics he created. I for one will not let one dbag ruin what I have been taught my entire life.

PM sent

---Quote (Originally by skinner21)---
I have a few discs in my truck that I do not use that I would be more than happy to send your way. My parents always taught me to help others when they are down. I don't want anything in return, just pay it forward. If you could send me your address I will put a little something together for you out of the discs I saw that you lost. Just know that if you are Wareagling (I love the new verb, by the way), that God will see you your repayment.

Cheers, and best of luck finding your discs.
---End Quote---
Thanks a bunch, man. I have enough to get by until insurance will buy me new ones, though. But, please feel free to post this conversation in response on my thread to make it further clear that I'm not "wareagling". ;)

Sucks a lot man, Id spread the word to local golfers to keep an eye out as well. Also check Ebay and craigslist for sure.

Sucks a lot man, Id spread the word to local golfers to keep an eye out as well. Also check Ebay and craigslist for sure.

Already informed everyone else, good call though.

Nothing on Craigslist yet. Did a quick scan on ebay, hard to keep up there, though.

I would think whoever the thief was, he/she is more than likely not a disc golfer. I would still keep an eye on craigslist or ebay (for everything in one auction). or watch around at the local pawn shops.

I can just picture the bastards opening the disc golf bag thinking it was full of something else.

"What the **** is this?!? Frisbees?!?"

I've got a pro-d comet I can send your way - pm me if you'd like it

I can just picture the bastards opening the disc golf bag thinking it was full of something else.

"What the **** is this?!? Frisbees?!?"

That's the sad thing - it's a Fade bag, so I have the top velcro'd open all the time. They knew what they were getting.

id hit up the pawn shops and thrift stores pretty soon , leave them your info and ask if they will call you if someone comes in with a bag of dg stuff(an offered reward might make them more likely to call you) or if the info on the discs matches your info go ahead and call the police.It would be more likely the theif would go to a thrift store as pawn shops require i.d.

also if you or anyone could post some pics of the more unusual discs stamps(x-out or tourney) that might help me spot them more easy on ebay.

That is a bummer. Hopefully you'll find the bastard. Definitely check discaroo, craiglist, etc. and also I'd let the local clubs in your area know of the stolen items too.

I wish you well in getting your bag back. That's a lot of money lost, but probably a lot of blood, sweat and tears too. Having discs broken in to that "sweet spot" takes time.

I don't know what the "chain" stores are called that take trade-ins as there are no disc vendors near me. Is that something that you need to worry about? And any help here anyone? I know that I've seen posts about people buting and seeling used discs to these stores and they apparently have no qualms about taking the discs with ink on them.

I don't know what the "chain" stores are called that take trade-ins as there are no disc vendors near me. Is that something that you need to worry about? And any help here anyone? I know that I've seen posts about people buying and selling used discs to these stores and they apparently have no qualms about taking the discs with ink on them.

Play-it-Again Sports buys used discs, but if I were a thief with a bag full of quality discs, I'd expect to make a lot more money selling them online than selling them to PIAS.

Latest posts