• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Theft on 10/29/09

As a preamble, let me state that I am neither a) WarEagle nor b) wareagling (a verb defined as scamming for discs by claiming yours were stolen, natch).

On October 29, 2009, I arrived home from work to discover that someone had broken into my wife's and my home and stolen about $10K worth of property. One of the few readily identifiable items they stole was my main bag and discs. All of my discs are labeled with my name (Brad Maynes) and telephone number ((734) 678-1805). If you are in the SE Michigan area, please be on the lookout for someone with a blue Fade Tourney bag and blue Quad Shox straps. As I stated, while my discs are all labeled, a non-idiot will scratch that out. I had:

2 Cryztal Avenger SS (green/yellow, one Mystic Mills stamp, one Holly Woods)
2 Z Avenger (both orange, K of C stamps - one blue stamp, one black)
1 Z Stalker (orange, misprint)
1 Z Predator (yellow)
1 Z Flick (orange)

1 Z Comet (yellow, misprint)
2 Z Buzzz (one red, one blue misprint)
1 Pro-D Drone (lt. blue)
1 X Stratus (dark blue)

1 ESP Zone (green, misprint)
1 Pro-D Rattler (lt. blue)
1 SS Wizard (red)
1 SSS Wizard (lt. blue)

1 A3Disc mini
1 Sabattus mini

Thanks in advance for keeping an eye out. Again, not looking for charity, I'd just like to find out who took all our stuff, and this is one of the best chances (sadly) we've got. :(

wow, id be so fustraded if my stuff got got stolen, 10k stuff, wow...hope you find who did it

Make sure that you report this to the Police fast.
If someone sells them to a pawn shop, thrift shop or PIAS, you can usually bring a copy of the Police report and get your stuff back. Sometimes the Pawn Shops will call the Police if they get a suspicious seller.
Best of luck.

If you want to email me the list (so I can pull it up on my phone quickly) and any pics I'll deffinatly keep an eye out. I still will without the email, I'd just be easier. I play almost all of se mi. and frequent Livonia and canton pias and the throw shop. Sorry it happened:(

Motor City Chain Gang

Did you post it on motorcitychaingang.com? If you play a lot in metro Detroit, I'm sure you have heard of them. They are very tight knit and watch out for each other on things like this. Just a thought.

I hate people who steal things, especially something like disc golf equipment which has way more sentimental value than actual value on the street. Karma is a B**** though. Must be pretty sad and discusting living life as a thief.

?? "No calls before or after 10." ??

I saw that and chuckled too, not before or after 10 so when can someone call? Exactly at ten only!!!! I know he probly means 10am and 10pm but its was poorly wrote.

Ill be watching out on the west side of michigan where I live and hang out, Id like to personally catch that thief punk myself.

sad story. you got any pics of the bag? in case we run into it on a course? i'm a bit of a noob on the bags and straps.

you should contact the other local clubs (is club kensington still around? a3disc too)
and possibly ask at the course's lost and founds (dexter, kensington, other metroparks)
and any stores that take in used (the throw shop)