• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things noobs say...

5 guys get butthurt and repeatedly post at me, and it is MY fault this thread sucks? Like it is my fault I am getting posted at by a horde of putting league champions?

Maybe at disc golf, but not at spamming his products. That was a seamless transition.:D

There seems to be a lot of these kinds of people popping up on these boards lately.

Fun to see this one bumped. It was one of my earliest posts.

Related to the thread:

Had a really actually awesome conversation with a new player on the course the other day. He was a FH dominant guy. I was playing just a hair faster than him, and was only a hole behind, so I had the chance to see a few tee shots. I finally catch him on a teepad. He crushes a destroyer out FH and he shakes his head. He tells me he just can't seem to figure out how to get a disc to fade. Seeing his drive I was confused. His disc faded pretty hard. So I asked what he meant. Turns out, he didn't know that throwing FH nets him a mirror image throw. He had just looked at the flight charts and thought his destroyer was supposed to go left.

We ended up having an awesome conversation about how flights work, how to interpret the flight numbers, the uses of bh and fh, and just basic dg terms. He was a "covid player" and totally self taught. I was happy to nerd out for awhile haha. He seemed really grateful for the information also.

Also pointed him to this site. Maybe we will see him here soon!

My favourite one has been said more than once im sure...

"I have so much torque and snap, I turn everything over. Just goes from hyzer to anhyzer right out of my hand"

To which I always say, "you're not getting a clean release, try ______, that may help a bit"

"Nope, its just too much torque"

I then usually refer to the fact that Drew Gibson threw a putter 513 feet and didn't turn it over, Paul can throw a Luna 430-450 on a ROPE. Then they go 'can you show me what you mean by that release thing?'

Its not so much noobs that say it either, its the guys that play constantly and think they are the next top local pro....

Latest posts