• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This was a fun argument

Hellweg

Par Member
So i am talking to my girlfriend the other day, she is talking to me about how all i do is disc golf (no complaints from me :p) she says its not really a sport.

Me: What qualifies a sport then?
Her: If schools have it.
Me: The college has it.
Her: Well all you are doing is throwing a piece of plastic!
Me: Isn't that all football is?
Her: Not just that! You have to run in football
Me: You have to find lines to throw on in golf, and we have to walk long distances every day!
Her: Well they have to throw long passes.
Me: Farther than 710 ft? (longest hole around)
Her: It isn't as mental
Me: You try sinking a 25 ft put every time and tell me that isn't mental.

There was nothing she could do that would shut me down, I won the argument. She went around asking other people if they thought it was, even the football players in my school like disc golf, she lost horribly.

I think disc golf is more of a sport than ball golf... I think Disc Golf requires more athleticism. You don't see too many john dalys playin' DG all hung over and what not...

Tell her that one of the last tournaments had a 50,000$ Purse! I think that qualifies it as a sport!

Not to mention, take her on a course that is a Hiking Disc Golf adventure!

Why do chicks love those stupid expensive purses..LOL!

I don't know, but my God they can spot one a mile a way! My wife will notice someone carrying a Louis Vitton in a movie!

Every man I know who has a good marriage tells me the same thing . . . let your wife win the arguments, especially when they don't matter.

I remember you saying you were a teenager, so..
Dump you gf - not dg....jj

ha ha if only it were that simple.... jk! She doesnt have a problem with it, she just doesnt understand how addicting it is, but sometimes she will play with me

Oh, in that case, don't let her go! I thought she was putting you down for playing! yeah, sometimes you've got to prioritize the stomach acid!

once i heard ball golf was going to be in the olympics all i could say to her was, "disc golf is next", thats all i said

I think disc golf is more of a sport than ball golf... I think Disc Golf requires more athleticism. You don't see too many john dalys playin' DG all hung over and what not...

That is retarded!!!! I love DG don't get me wrong.. but there are plenty of DG's who drink a hell of alot more the John Daly. . . . . and yes they are PROS.

That is retarded!!!! I love DG don't get me wrong.. but there are plenty of DG's who drink a hell of alot more the John Daly. . . . . and yes they are PROS.

Beat me to it. We have a strong element of comic book store guys around here.

+ john daly is the freak of golf. you don't see too many *pro* golfers in his kind of shape until they're running up into their late 70's, and even then they're still a lot more fit than a lot of guys i see around the course.

hell, jenkins would be considered downright fat by pro golf standards.

Note to all of you having this argument with your SO. If her closet looks like this...

6ee24d70-83bd-4468-8f85-11b453843230.jpg

Consider that your "get out of jail free" card. ;)

So i am talking to my girlfriend the other day, she is talking to me about how all i do is disc golf (no complaints from me :p) she says its not really a sport.

Me: What qualifies a sport then?
Her: If schools have it.
Me: The college has it.
Her: Well all you are doing is throwing a piece of plastic!
Me: Isn't that all football is?
Her: Not just that! You have to run in football
Me: You have to find lines to throw on in golf, and we have to walk long distances every day!
Her: Well they have to throw long passes.
Me: Farther than 710 ft? (longest hole around)
Her: It isn't as mental
Me: You try sinking a 25 ft put every time and tell me that isn't mental.

Man, I hope the sex is good. How's her cooking? :cool:

winning arguements with a girlfriend could cost more than it's worth sometimes....

while this guy is probably (most likely) right, i still got a laugh out of the read and applaud your efforts good sir.

Latest posts