• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thornageddon 6/6 Goshen, OH

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
Thornageddon pdga C-tier June 6 at Osage Grove DGC, in Goshen, Ohio. Will be the first tournament hosted by two great guys, and I am sure it will be a great time. This event will also be a course fund raiser, so come on out and support this great young course.

OG1.jpg

Full throttle endorsement from me on this event (if that means anything :eek:). Chris and Ben are extraordinarily good guys. I owe them both so much friendship and high praise. Please help them fill this tourney up!

Oh, and if you haven't yet played Osage Grove, you ought to consider it. Great course! :clap:

Jeff ... Brock ... thanks a ton for posting. I've worked out some more details

C-Tier course fundraiser for Osage Grove DGC
1st 25 AMS who register online will receive a BONUS tournament stamped disc
ALL AMS will receive a disc and swag for players pack
ALL WOMEN WHO PRE REGISTER will receive additional player pack disc
All divisions pay out 50%
RAFFLES ! CTP's ! ACE FUND !

Registration is OPEN
https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Thornageddon_2015/register

Definitely thinking about it. Just happens to fall on my grandmas birthday though. But that course whooped my a$$ last year and I want some REVENGE!!

Easy... the conversation goes like this..."Hey grandma, let's celebrate your birthday in a beautiful park, for about 45 minutes, between rounds.." :D

Actually, there are some nice picnic tables and a gazebo in the shade on the way to the first hole, if the rowdy disc golf party over by the pavilion looks like too much 'party'. And usually, the Goshen parks folks are there at these tourneys to chat with, as well as usually bringing refreshments for park fundraisers.

"Thornageddon."

If that don't scream, "stay the hell in the fairway," I don't know what does. I played Goshen in November, and I recall the rough being pretty nasty... I can only imagine what it's like full bloom, in mid-season form.

Can be rough in spots, played a couple weeks ago and lost a Sandstrom Valk on the right side rough of fairway 2. The rough is only 15 ft wide On that side but the felled lumber and sticklers prevented an In-depth search. Hoping a tournament DGenerate can find it for me. :/

They actually just cleared a big section of that out. I was there yesterday, they cut down the center fairway trees and several along the right side. 4 spots left.

"Thornageddon."

If that don't scream, "stay the hell in the fairway," I don't know what does. I played Goshen in November, and I recall the rough being pretty nasty... I can only imagine what it's like full bloom, in mid-season form.
About the only kind of thorns that aren't on this course are cactus spines, lol. Its much better than it used to be though. Several key areas have been cleared since the course opened, including the right side of no11 and the center of no12.

Also, bogey I was just reading your review. They cut down 3 of the 4 trees that guarded no5 pin.

Thanks for the update. I'm not big on tree removal, but those were a bit ridiculous in that they negated the advantage of a good shot.

That said, smart choice to let them be for a while... see how the course plays before unleashing the chainsaw.

Wish I could make this one, Osage is a great course.

Latest posts