• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Thought Space Athletics

Too be fair, Mint and RDG both had active DGCR posters behind those brands. JCass and ZJ have really good reps on the site, so people were probably a little less harsh.

I'm eagerly waiting on being able to try a Mantra. :hfive:

True, and in both of those cases they were actively promoting with their own threads. I guess the difference is that Thought Space came in on page 2 of a thread someone else started. Internet frisbee golfers have strict rules about new product introductions, lol.

People are so negative for small new disc companies. These guys have been making cool graphic designs for a while, I used to see their hotstamps show up on Infinite from time to time. Seems like they have a good team of players.

Not sure why people here are in love with Mint & RDG, but these guys get immediately dumped on. Because their PDGA test disc wasn't a great color?

I don't think I dumped on them. I asked them one question that they don't want to answer (Mint didn't either and, I believe, fielded a lot more crap), and they ignored my follow ups (I have been asking every new company since Prodigy these same things). Not sure how that's dumping on them, but if I wasn't respectful, I'd like to know what I said that wasn't.

I don't think I dumped on them. I asked them one question that they don't want to answer (Mint didn't either and, I believe, fielded a lot more crap), and they ignored my follow ups (I have been asking every new company since Prodigy these same things). Not sure how that's dumping on them, but if I wasn't respectful, I'd like to know what I said that wasn't.

I don't consider your response "dumping," those were legitimate questions.

Hey Everyone,

Sorry if we missed something. We will answer any and all questions to the best of our ability. We are from Maine where we are a close community and hazing is frequent. I didn't see anything that we didn't think was funny or upset us:)

Hey Everyone,

Sorry if we missed something. We will answer any and all questions to the best of our ability. We are from Maine where we are a close community and hazing is frequent. I didn't see anything that we didn't think was funny or upset us:)

Where in Maine are you based?

Nope. not at all qwertyuiopasdfghjklasdfghjklzxcvbnm That is all of them.

well now that we have that cleared up maybe we can go back to discussing this new company that's trying to grow the sport. after all, that's what we all want, right?

For anyone curious how this might fly. I looked through all of MVPs lineup to try and find a mold with similar specs. Looks like the streamline lift is almost an exact match.

Streamline Lift
Specifications
Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Rim Thickness: 2.0cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 17.2cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.7%
Rim Configuration: 28.00
Flexibility: 11.93kg

Thought Space Mantra
Specifications
Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Rim Thickness: 2.0cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 17.1cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.7%
Rim Configuration: 32.00
Flexibility: 9.09kg

streamline has the lift rated at 9/5/-2/1.5

Please tell me you will be making firm discs... the streamline discs are so flexible that they are useless for my game.

Which streamline have been floppy for you? I've only thrown the Flare much, but you could break things with that rim. Not very flexible at all.

Which streamline have been floppy for you? I've only thrown the Flare much, but you could break things with that rim. Not very flexible at all.

Every single one in the pro shop, including the Flare.

We got a Trace in the Circuit players pack. By the time the round was over, I was about ready to throw it in the lake.

My grip has the thumb in front of finger, when I grip streamline discs, they distort in my hand. I don't get clean releases.

I understand I lot of forehand dominate players like flexible discs. I don't think all of the blends should be stiff, just leave 1 blend for players like me.

Last edited:
Every single one in the pro shop, including the Flare.

We got a Trace in the Circuit players pack. By the time the round was over, I was about ready to throw it in the lake.

My grip has the thumb in front of finger, when I grip streamline discs, they distort in my hand. I don't get clean releases.

I understand I lot of forehand dominate players like flexible discs. I don't think all of the blends should be stiff, just leave 1 blend for players like me.

I'm just curious. I don't mind a flex but I guess for some grips it could be worse.

That's weird. I have 3 traces. 1 barstamp N and 2 Ps and they are all pretty firm. Not rock hard but definitely not gummy either...

... though I guess they are all pretty much from the first release or two. So it just may be a different run that was a bit firmer early on.

Latest posts