• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Thought Space Athletics

Synapse set to release 3/11/22 (Aura and Ethereal plastic) I'm pumped. Rough number estimate by TSA: 12/5/-1.5/3 "If a boss and a destroyer had a baby" if these fly like a slightly seasoned destroyer, and true to that -1.5 turn-- take all of my money. Just. Take it.

Synapse set to release 3/11/22 (Aura and Ethereal plastic) I'm pumped. Rough number estimate by TSA: 12/5/-1.5/3 "If a boss and a destroyer had a baby" if these fly like a slightly seasoned destroyer, and true to that -1.5 turn-- take all of my money. Just. Take it.

This should pair with the Mint Discs Goat perfectly.

This should pair with the Mint Discs Goat perfectly.

Curious to see how similar they'll be. Only real noticeable difference in the specs listed on the PDGA site is the rim configuration. Synapse with the slightly sharper nose. Hoping to see a bit more dome on these, but I'm not holding my breath.

i liked the muse but gave up on my experiment to use it as my putting putter. too many rollaways

Long thread so sorry if this has been covered, but are any Thought Space molds the same as Mint?

The vast majority of Thought Space Athletics disc and MINT Discs are the same.

Mantra = Freetail
Animus = Longhorn
Pathfinder = Mustang
Praxis = Bullet
Synapse = Goat

I have zero doubts about the above molds.
The below molds are speculation because I haven't personally compared them.

Votum = Grackle
Omen or Coalesce = Alpha
Mana = Lobster

I throw a bit of TSA and I'd agree with ManHyzer's speculation about the bottom three too.

Interesting. I have been a fan of Mint's putters and mids for a while and have started to dip my toe in the Thought Space molds, coincidentally enough with molds I have not tried from Mint that seem to be the same.

What is the Construct? Diamondback?

What's the deal with the Temple? Isn't that molded by another company?

Interesting. I have been a fan of Mint's putters and mids for a while and have started to dip my toe in the Thought Space molds, coincidentally enough with molds I have not tried from Mint that seem to be the same.

Temple and Muse are not made by MVP.

I don't think a single baseline TSA mould are made by MVP…and that's a really bad thing about TSA so far…..you can't get a muse, temple or alter in a premium plastic….and you can't get a praxis in base plastic

I have the Construct in Aura and Ethos, and a few Diamondbacks in Apex/Swirly Apex.

The Diamondbacks backhand pretty close to 9/5/-1/2 for me across the board. The Ethos Construct turns less/fades more than those, but I'd say that's down to a more overstable plastic/flying more like 10/5/-1/2. The Aura Constructs are the anomaly for TSA, and they acknowledge this as well. They're the most understable of this grouping and are more 10/6/-2.5/1.

Because of this, I have a hard time calling these the same mold. I do wonder if MVP has proprietary plastic formulas for both brands (and now Wild Discs) and we're perhaps just seeing slight experimentation in mold variations from cooling.

If you want a Praxis in baseline plastics, grab a Mint Bullet. They are identical, and they've been run in a variety of firmness levels in their baseline which is not-at-all-confusingly called "Royal."

IMO the Praxis / Bullet is the disc people _should_ be going nuts over the way people are freaking out about the Glitch.

This disc is crazy high speed stable for the fact that it has zero fade. It doesnt want to turn on its own for a straight putter, but it falls out of the sky on the angle it finishes on (which is a perfectly straight forward fade if you keep it flat.)

Has anyone tried Nerve plastic? Thought Space describes it as 'premium baseline.' Not that the Zone is going anywhere, but I'm considering trying the Temple.

I have the Construct in Aura and Ethos, and a few Diamondbacks in Apex/Swirly Apex.

The Diamondbacks backhand pretty close to 9/5/-1/2 for me across the board. The Ethos Construct turns less/fades more than those, but I'd say that's down to a more overstable plastic/flying more like 10/5/-1/2. The Aura Constructs are the anomaly for TSA, and they acknowledge this as well. They're the most understable of this grouping and are more 10/6/-2.5/1.

Because of this, I have a hard time calling these the same mold. I do wonder if MVP has proprietary plastic formulas for both brands (and now Wild Discs) and we're perhaps just seeing slight experimentation in mold variations from cooling.

The diamondback is a mold that has me interested (I love my speed 8/9 drivers). Would you be able to compare it to an undertaker, alpha, or even an OLF? Most of the Mint discs I've tried have been more overstable than advertised (except my freetail, which is definitely a -4/1)

The diamondback is a mold that has me interested (I love my speed 8/9 drivers). Would you be able to compare it to an undertaker, alpha, or even an OLF? Most of the Mint discs I've tried have been more overstable than advertised (except my freetail, which is definitely a -4/1)

I don't have any experience with the Undertaker or OLF, but my Diamondbacks (sample size of 4) all seem to fly like the earlier straight runs of Alpha (1st run seafoam Sublime, 2nd run purple Apex, etc). Longer and straighter than the current Alphas

I've seen several people claim that the Pathfinder and Mustang are the same mold. Admittedly, I only have one Mustang but it just feels like a different mold than my Pathfinders. For lack of a better description, the Mustang is fairly domey and kind of has a Comet or domey Roc kind of a vibe with the way the top of the disc is shaped. My Pathfinders are pretty flat and kind of feel like a thinner Buzzz in the hand.

If you want a Praxis in baseline plastics, grab a Mint Bullet. They are identical, and they've been run in a variety of firmness levels in their baseline which is not-at-all-confusingly called "Royal."

IMO the Praxis / Bullet is the disc people _should_ be going nuts over the way people are freaking out about the Glitch.

This disc is crazy high speed stable for the fact that it has zero fade. It doesnt want to turn on its own for a straight putter, but it falls out of the sky on the angle it finishes on (which is a perfectly straight forward fade if you keep it flat.)

Has anyone tried Nerve plastic? Thought Space describes it as 'premium baseline.' Not that the Zone is going anywhere, but I'm considering trying the Temple.

That's great, I'll try out the Bullets. I putted with praxis for a long while but even the Aura plastic isn't great in the cold weather.

Nerve is okay. I really like the 2nd run Nerve Muse's. The first run was too stiff and led to so many brutal runaways.

Temple feels like its Nerve is closer to the 2nd run but I struggle with the disc. Tried to replace the Zone with it myself but it hooks too hard and just doesn't seem to really fly.