• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thoughts on Resellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanMoriarty

Do Not Disturb
Silver level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I've been having quite the difficult time finding certain plastics such as Really Freakin' Flexible with Gateway putters. I see one on eBay every once in awhile but they always end up costing like $40+ due to all the bidding. I've heard that a lot of disc companies production facilities are being ran by skeleton crews and they only release MAYBE 100 discs every so often. They get sent to the online retailers like 1010, Infinitediscs, etc but you got people who'll buy 10-20 discs at once then resell them on eBay for twice as much. I really wish the websites that sell discs would limit people to like 5 discs per week but I'm sure people would easily find a way around that. Just wondering what the DGC community thinks about this topic.

Free market at work is all I have to say about this well worn topic.

Yea I figured this was probably a heavily covered topic.

Hopefully someday the pandemic will come to a slow and the factories will be able to resume regular production. Is there a thread on hard to find plastics already?

Well FWIW in Canada the two major sellers I buy from set limits like :1 so I have to buy from both of them.

But yeah it does seem like some people have an edge on buying em, a lot of those guys also buy straight from factory even to list em high.

It's risk/reward.

If the factory thought they could sell discs for $40 each, they would do that.

The resellers buy 10 at $20 each = $200. They have to sell 6 at $40 to profit.

Kind of sucks, but why are people paying $40 for a $20 disc?

"It's the shoes!"

< Doing what he can to keep disc prices affordable, by not buying them.

:|

:\

*contemplates selling never thrown discs*
2020 Ledgestone Crystal Sparkle Buzz,
2020 Ledgestone McBeth Crystal Undertaker
2020 Ledgestone Big Z XL
ESP Zone
several Crystal Z Buzzes
First Run Vulture
Big Z Vulture

I've been having quite the difficult time finding certain plastics such as Really Freakin' Flexible with Gateway putters. I see one on eBay every once in awhile but they always end up costing like $40+ due to all the bidding. I've heard that a lot of disc companies production facilities are being ran by skeleton crews and they only release MAYBE 100 discs every so often. They get sent to the online retailers like 1010, Infinitediscs, etc but you got people who'll buy 10-20 discs at once then resell them on eBay for twice as much. I really wish the websites that sell discs would limit people to like 5 discs per week but I'm sure people would easily find a way around that. Just wondering what the DGC community thinks about this topic.

While it may be a well worn topic, I dont like it. The companies that put reasonable purchase limits are at least trying to look like they care about people. Other companies with 60 disc limits are making the statements that they dont care about their consumers as long as they make their money. Usual 'Merican stuff. Since we all know its the archer and not the arrow 99.9% it gives me a reason to think about which company I give any money to.

I wont pay resellers if they ask more than the company charges, thats my boundary.

Stuff like investors buying up all the houses that hit the market is frustrating to me and is an important societal issue.

Disc golf discs? Don't care. I'll buy something else. Or throw what I got. Or try to fish discs out of a pond and throw the unclaimed ones. Or shoot basketball and mess with the car.

Stuff like investors buying up all the houses that hit the market is frustrating to me and is an important societal issue.

Disc golf discs? Don't care. I'll buy something else. Or throw what I got. Or try to fish discs out of a pond and throw the unclaimed ones. Or shoot basketball and mess with the car.

Think of the children, tho.

This is a non-issue. Even in 2020 there were plenty of discs available for people to buy. Maybe not the popular molds but that is a "you" problem for not adjusting.

This has always happened in disc golf, just more people and money in the game now.

I call complete nonsense on the bolded. I am confident disc manufacturers are running at the top possible production rates. They stand to make much more money with volume, at this point, than profit margin.

While it may be a well worn topic, I dont like it. The companies that put reasonable purchase limits are at least trying to look like they care about people. Other companies with 60 disc limits are making the statements that they dont care about their consumers as long as they make their money. Usual 'Merican stuff. Since we all know its the archer and not the arrow 99.9% it gives me a reason to think about which company I give any money to.

I wont pay resellers if they ask more than the company charges, thats my boundary.

Of course....by "people", you mean you. I am again, confident, that folks making money flipping discs, would not be benefited by purchase limits.

I call complete nonsense on the bolded. I am confident disc manufacturers are running at the top possible production rates. They stand to make much more money with volume, at this point, than profit margin.

Of course....by "people", you mean you. I am again, confident, that folks making money flipping discs, would not be benefited by purchase limits.

Call it nonsense all you want pal, this is actually a fact for most of the disc companies.

As of right now, disc golf is deemed non-essential therefore factories have no reason (according to the government) to work at full capacity.

Call it nonsense all you want pal, this is actually a fact for most of the disc companies.

As of right now, disc golf is deemed non-essential therefore factories have no reason (according to the government) to work at full capacity.

Not sure where you live. In this country, all people wanting to work, are working. There are no designations of essential or non essential. I have recently been to the Discraft production factory....and rest assured they are producing every single disc they can.

If you are claiming that there are other disc manufacturers that are prohibited by law, from operating at full capacity, I encourage you to provide the source for your statement.

There may be other factors impacting their ability to manufacture....material shortages, inability to hire to fill positions.... I read your statement as an implication that manufacturers were withholding production to decrease supply.

Source for this outrageous claim, pal?

Gee, maybe the fact that there's not many discs available compared to I don't know, 10 years ago?

Also, why don't you contact Innova or any American disc company who seems to be short on discs and ask them yourself? There's your source :doh:

One good thing about this thread is it will bring out all the cranky, know-it-all disc golfers who act one way over the internet but are the opposite in person.

Not sure where you live. In this country, all people wanting to work, are working. There are no designations of essential or non essential. I have recently been to the Discraft production factory....and rest assured they are producing every single disc they can.

If you are claiming that there are other disc manufacturers that are prohibited by law, from operating at full capacity, I encourage you to provide the source for your statement.

There may be other factors impacting their ability to manufacture....material shortages, inability to hire to fill positions.... I read your statement as an implication that manufacturers were withholding production to decrease supply.

This is more so of what I was getting at.

Lack of workers, materials, etc

Gee, maybe the fact that there's not many discs available compared to I don't know, 10 years ago?

Also, why don't you contact Innova or any American disc company who seems to be short on discs and ask them yourself? There's your source :doh:

One good thing about this thread is it will bring out all the cranky, know-it-all disc golfers who act one way over the internet but are the opposite in person.

That's what I thought. No source, just pulling $hit out of your azz. Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts