• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thoughts on the Mako

Texconsinite

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Anybody tried the Innova Mako yet? New midrange listed with 0 turn and 0 fade. Thinking about getting one as a straight, gapshooter, but not much info yet to go off of. Experiences form those who have used one?

You'd probably have better luck getting less fade out of it than me, but I love it(more experienced). Very nice if you want to just barely toss it, I've done some slight anhyzer shots that fade back just in time to land(very very light/slow speed throw). Just love the thing, holds a line so well. Seems to have a good amount of glide too.

Also I take it you read through the other main mako thread. Seemed to be lots of people disappointed with it or the fact that theirs said CY on the bottom n such.

Last edited:
I just got a Star 177g this past weekend as a tourney player's pack. I have only thrown it a couple of times so far, but I will say it flies,and feels just like my Champ Coyote.

It does fly 0,0 more like 0,1 if you hyzer flip it, otherwise, it's -2 turn. Very similar to a Coyote, a bit more understable.

You will not find a better pure straight midrange and it basically does exactly what Innova says it will do. Put it on a hyzer it holds a hyzer, put it on an anny it holds and anny, and if if you throw it straight you guessed it, it flys straight. I love that disc.

I like mine ok, it is similar to the Coyote, just a touch more stable. If I throw it hard it starts to flip, if I take a little off it fades a little at the end- I have trouble getting it to fly perfectly straight (unlike a putter or my Aurora MS), but it is still pretty close. It is on the longer end of the Innova mid-range army.

Mine is a Star. I would rate it as: turn 0 to -.5, fade 0 to 0.5

I would definitely recommend it to somebody just starting or without many discs. But if you already own a Shark, Coyote, Roc, Skeeter, and Cro then I would probably pass unless you wanted to get to replace about 3-4 of the others!

I keep thinking about trying the Mako but I wont while it is still getting a pretty high mark up. Would it be considered a big diameter or small diamater disc though? I tend to like smaller diamater mids.

A Coyote has a flight rating of -1 / +1 so its pretty close. I have two Star Coyotes , and they fly quite straight, with little to no fade. The Champ Coyote does have more fade.

Star Mako is the SHIZ. My dad bought one and I love the thing. Everybody that's even tried throwing it has loved it.

They sell for 25$ at most stores right now but ebay has them for like 13.

\/\/

Star Mako is the SHIZ. My dad bought one and I love the thing. Everybody that's even tried throwing it has loved it.

They sell for 25$ at most stores right now but ebay has them for like 13.

\/\/

From what I've seen, the only reason they're selling for $25 is because they're first runs. Once Innova releases the normal run, they'll be back down to normal prices, or at least, that's my assumption.

I keep thinking about trying the Mako but I wont while it is still getting a pretty high mark up. Would it be considered a big diameter or small diamater disc though? I tend to like smaller diamater mids.

It is not small like the CRO. It is the same diameter as a ROC, just no bead. I have a first run and it is not quite as domey as my star Roc but the same diameter.

The Cro and Skeeter are both small diameter mids which feel different than a Mako in your hand. The lip on a mako is similar to a cro though but it is a larger disc.

I'm a big fan of the Mako. I bought it to replace my Buzzz. I like the feel of it - rounded, blunt rim feels nice in my hand in comparison to Roc/Buzzz. The flight of it makes me take all of my mid-range discs out of my bag and just use the Mako. It does everything I want it to do.

Latest posts