• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thread Of The Year 2013

plastic cannon

* Ace Member *
Alright everyone, this year has been pretty solid as far as threads go. I want everyone to post their nomination here, and you are encouraged to post links so others that have missed something awesome have the chance to read it over. I'm going to leave this up until the 28th to make sure everyone has had a chance to see it and place their vote. On the 28th I'll take a tally of the 3-5 best threads nominated and make a poll for all to vote on. The only stipulation obviously is that the thread was created in 2013. We all know the hole on hole 8 thread is awesome, but not from 2013. Just an example there. with that said, thank you everyone for a great 2013 here on DGCR. Happy holidays!

Platebee was last year[sob].

I vote all the several Prodigy threads together---the "Prodigy View". A manufacturing upstart tries to put one over on an experienced populace, with poor results and chagrin all around. Starring a cast of, err---20. :|

Last edited:
My vote hands down would have been either the salient bag or customer service threads, but alas all the gold was mined out of those winners.

Pretty sure the one about UB Discs ruining disc golf with one sexist Facebook post should get honorable mention at the very least. I know I'll never throw a disc again because of it.

Any one of the Salient Threads. Doesn't matter which one, they are all great fails, and it will probably win next year when we discuss the company going under.

There's probably a number of threads about Holly that are contenders. But all the Prodigy threads are a good choice as we'll.

There's probably a number of threads about Holly that are contenders. But all the Prodigy threads are a good choice as we'll.

im currently searching for that thread when people were posting stupid **** seeing if she thought it was hot or whatever. i do believe i read it at work shaking my head at how stupid it was

^^i just reread the whole thing. cant believe it was only a bit over a month ago. there is a lot of gold in that thread if you ask me. especially when holly says it went to the landfill in 1 day haha then goes on forever

i didnt get that part i never saw his pic on that thread.

I know him in real life so I'm just trying to give him a hard time.

I would like the nominate the comprehensive PD (PEEDEE etc.) thread.

I missed out on the thread about the first date.. I had to read all ELEVEN pages... it was excellent. The kid started off Terribly, possibly still got it in after showing great insecurity and at the last update he gives they are over and he fought a dude... (dirt bike guy??)... and it was hilarious.

It has my vote, but I still don't know this Platebee thread... link?? I couldn't find it when I search "Platebee" lol

the thread is " I have your frisbee" or something along the lines.

the thread is " I have your frisbee" or something along the lines.

i forgot about that one. that was a good one. and the date/dirt bike guy one was my first time seeing that. there was gold after gold in that thread. cant imagine what was taken out of it. i think every page made me laugh at least once. and once he says he fought that dude and she wasnt worth it the thread just stopped. after 430 ish posts or whatever. that one is a classic. for short reads i still stand by my original suggestion but if you have the time the date one is priceless.

its i have your frisbee! or platabee in a google search works